Question What did you do to your truck today?

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced my junk facroty auto hubs with a set of Warn lock outs. Warn part number 11690 if anybody is interested. All I had to do was cut the vaccum line off at the hanger on the frame on both sides. Plugged the line going to the vaccum pump and installed a breather in the line to the spindle. Now I know the hubs are locked in. :sweet

Fine69

Reaction score
I added the 3 bulb light bar on the back like Dually's have. Also installed lights in my toolbox, hooked them up to the Upfitter Switches. Ordered a Mag-Hytec front diff cover to match the rear I previously installed. Ordered Recon Smoked Cab Lights and Smoked Lenses for my mirrors. I'm gradually getting the new truck where I want it.;tu

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got tired (enough) of the soot film build-up on the RR fender, so I had a Turn Down tip welded on.... re-painted the whole exhaust system with High-Temp Flat Black.. Looks Good ;tu

Put anuther coat of wax on the hood, roof and hips.

Life Is Good (er)

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
threw those Wrangler SR/A's out and put another set of Silent Armors on it..
sat the toe-in..
changed the oil..

gonna crawl under it today and pull the inspection cover for the torque convertor and take a closer look before I send it out to the trans shop..

Last edited:

JRJ04

Reaction score
Well, since I don't have the F350 to work on anymore, the only thing I can report on
is my wife's Expedition. It has taken a back seat to the F350 for over 4 years.

So I have a lot of catching up to do in the way of taking better care of it.

Hope y'all don't mind if I report on what I do to it from time to time.

Saturday I washed it. Today I cleaned all the windows (inside and out) and
sprayed down the the tires with some shiney stuff.

Hope to vacuum it out good tomorrow.

I need some fuel mileage mods that I can do to the 5.4.

Would a better air intake filter/set-up help this gasser out?

Unfortunantly...the 5.4 is just not the most efficient engine... Air intake and exhaust will help, but you wont see any staggering gains like you would on a diesel. If it has the conical style air filter, you can replace it with an aftermarket one that will flow more air, and cut the housing out around it so that pretty much the entire filter is exposed.

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Fuel leak revisited :rant
This time a J30R9 return line burst. Big mess. :dizzy Took apart the FPR and found a vegoil goo clog preventing the return fuel from entering a passage way. That's why it burst! :D Specifically I removed the snap ring on the bottom and removed the brass piece then cleaned the steel wool filter and removed the goo. I was shocked. Decided on replacing both return lines with new push-lock fittings but the driver's side fitting on the head is impossible to get to so I had to remove the battery cables, serp belt, A/C compressor, vacuum pump and supporting bracket just to get the new fitting on. :lmao I'm serious. :sly But once aside it was so easy to thread the fitting. Yes it's finally leak free. :lmao

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Fuel leak revisited :rant
This time a J30R9 return line burst. Big mess. :dizzy Took apart the FPR and found a vegoil goo clog preventing the return fuel from entering a passage way. That's why it burst!

I wonder if Power Service 911 or other anti-gel product added would work in preventing that?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim