Question What did you do to your truck today?

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rplaced the alternator, twice. Original would not charge below 2000 rpm's. First one I replaced it with would not charge at all. Second one works like a champ.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WELL... after 10 years & 160,000 miles, started getting a intermittent Batt Light lately. Re-cleaned the Batt connections and tested the Alt. out-put... Fluctuating between 12.? & 13.? @ idle, 13 ish above 1500 RPM.

Soooo.. I ordered a new 160 AMP alternator from High Output Alternator, 200-250-300-350 Amp Alternators, high output alternators, Delco Remy,Ford Truck Alternators , $252.81, TMD (to my door) in Cali, From Michigan.. Not a bad deal.. and should fix That.. I'm think'n.

So far: 1 Clutch, 1 Water-pump and 1 Alternator. Not a bad deal.. Either... I'm think'n.

Joe

(Thanx for the Link JetPilot)

I HOPE the 1st one puts out.

Rplaced the alternator, twice. Original would not charge below 2000 rpm's. First one I replaced it with would not charge at all. Second one works like a champ.

Looks like a X2 thing Happen'n here ? I read yer separate Post. Same symptoms too.

Joe

ghoff

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
changed the headlight bulbs with some (hopefully) brighter ones. when there is a car behind me at night with their lights on, there would be a shadow in front of me.

I also cleaned the battery terminals.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Finally figured out why my FPR is leaking as well as why a return line BURST. It's due to running vegoil. Seems as though some vegoil had solidified on the steel wool mesh filter inside my FPR preventing the return fuel from properly returning to the tank. As pressure built up it would leak from the bottom of the FPR. That explains why a return hose burst. :eek: Easy fix. Replace the steel wool mesh filter. Well I've got 30K vegoil miles so replacing that filter will give me at least another 30K vegoil miles. A small price to pay to continue driving for free. ;tu

Metalhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wired up Hi-Idle to AUX-4 a few minutes ago. Works great. This is thanks to instructions from a buddy of mine down in Corpus, couldn't have been simpler.

Last edited:

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the drain valve o-rings. Seems like everytime I give something away I end up needing the same thing. Co-inky dink or karma?
HAHAHA
No problem. Atleast I had them and can middle finger the stealership! :D

I say again to my brothers on here, Thank you for saving me GOD knows how much $$ for the info to be able to do my repairs myself. My hat is off!

Last edited:

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
I kicked the tire, to relieve frustration about transmission :)
And installed-replaced the column shifter with OD in it, thanks TBAR ! It helped out alot;tu

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58