Question What did you do to your truck today?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Installed the new VGT solenoid and compressor housing O-ring on the turbo.

Not gonna be able to stick the turbo back in the truck today though, have to wait
until tomorrow.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Got the turbo back onto the pedastel, downpipe & Y-pipe clamped up, oil line reconnected.

Fuel pressure regulator bolted back in place, pass. side boost tube booted back in.

FICM has been remounted and plugged in.

Started to put the degaus bottle back in place when I noticed the hose coming off the water pump to the degaus bottle was broke, so gotta go order a new one.

UPDATE:

Got a new lower hose installed.

While waiting on some washers from Banks for the intake elbow, I am taking the opportunity to clean the battery terminals
I put on some of those red & green anti-corrosion pads and also some anti-corrosion gel. Used a battery terminal brush/cleaner
to get all the surfaces nice, shiney and corrosion build-up free.

ANOTHER UPDATE:

I figured I could go ahead and put the driver's side battery back in, cleaned all the terminals & connections.
I also put the air intake/filter back in.

Just need those 4 washers & put the coolant back in and I can start it up.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Had to modify the exaust due to a malignant tumor known as the muffler.(apparently it did not enjoy our Christmas in salt country) Exhaust is now 4" straight pipe exiting in front of the rear tire.

Last edited:

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
Got the chocolate 90% out of the seat and polished all the chrome on the truck. Bama, I dont know how you kept up with all the chrome on your truck but I am seriously considering painting some of it.:watchout

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put the SOLID AXLE front diff cover on. And it is built like a tank. Something breaks this thing and I'll have alot more to worry about than a replacement cover! :D

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
picked up a welder today to start puting together my skidplate-front ramp dimenions ruffly 4' x 4.5':stir

dogtrk

Pat
Reaction score
Wire brushed all the infamous super duty rust on the inside bottom of the doors, put on POR-15 (2 coats) and after that dried put on the paint. Looks good and I'm hoping it holds. Now I gotta do the outside--got all the paint supplies and I'm gonna work on that this weekend. Hope to finish it up by Sunday. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58