Question What did you do to your truck today?

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
holy smokes thats a nice looking truck!

how do you like it so far? how is the power compared to your 7.3?
I only have a couple (if you can call them complaints). It is so new that I can't find any after market stuff for it. Seat covers, mud flaps, etc... Also need to find a wiring diagram/service manual so I can disconnect the key in ignition/door open chime. Headlights seem a bit dim as well but I was running HIDs on the 2000. New HIDs should arrive this week.

Power is great. I was a little nevous about possibly being disappointed going from the modded 424 HP 7.3 to the new truck but it feels great. SOTP says it has more HP than the old truck did with intake, exhaust, and hot chip. Not as much HP as the old truck but this one doesn't have any internal issues.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The door chime can be stopped by taking out the ignition lock cylinder and putting electrical tape of the outside contact on the cylinder. To get the lock cylinder out, you need to turn the key to RUN and insert a small rod (1/8 inch) from the bottom of the steering column cover below the cylinder lock. Wiggle the lock and it will come out. Tape it up and reverse the proceedure. Takes longer to type this than to do it.

Dave

Bad Night

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just put my chrome mirror caps on my 08 mirrors . Love the look . Just found out I need to replace my passenger side axle seal so that will be next .

Last edited:

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
The door chime can be stopped by taking out the ignition lock cylinder and putting electrical tape of the outside contact on the cylinder. To get the lock cylinder out, you need to turn the key to RUN and insert a small rod (1/8 inch) from the bottom of the steering column cover below the cylinder lock. Wiggle the lock and it will come out. Tape it up and reverse the proceedure. Takes longer to type this than to do it.

Dave

I did it on the old truck. This one has a chipped key. Will I screw up anything if I do it on the new one?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Opened the Fumoto, punched a hole in the oil filter, drained the Premo thru the OA port.. pre-charged the filters. (Lunch break*) Poured in 12 quarts of fresh 5-40 Rotella T. "Drop" cleaned the Air filter (AIS) too.

NOT A DROP.. of oil down my elbow, on the floor or the engine, or anywhere else.

Life Is Good.

*I did, however.. slobber some PBJ down my chin.. whilst waiting for the oil to drain ..;):D:)

Last edited:

Bad Night

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Opened the Fumoto, punched a hole in the oil filter, drained the Premo thru the OA port.. pre-charged the filters. (Lunch break*) Poured in 12 quarts of fresh 5-40 Rotella T. "Drop" cleaned the Air filter (AIS) too.

NOT A DROP.. of oil down my elbow, on the floor or the engine, or anywhere else.

Life Is Good.

*I did, however.. slobber some PBJ down my chin.. whilst waiting for the oil to drain ..;):D:)

Man I just don't have the patients . I want the oil out as fast as possible , usually end up with it clear to my armpit . Don't know why im in such a hurry cause then I pour a couple of quarts through the motor with the plug out and then let it sit until it completely quits dripping .

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58