Question What did you do to your truck today?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the ZooDad mod today, had to take that heavy grill guard off to get it done :sly. Cleaned the a/c condenser of bug carcasses as well.

Installed new front brake lines and hub vacuum lines along with ceramic brake pads on all four corners. Learning about all these new mods on here from other members is getting expensive.

Hopefully I will get the new LED lights installed in my camper shell by the end of the weekend.

Next mods planned for October are the AIH delete and the coolant filter.

:eek::eek: Busy Man.

Once you Start the "Mod Process".. it basically never Stops ! :sly:innocent:lmao

The next two, are real good ones to do. Especially the Coolant filter. Good Long Term maintenance insurance, IMO.

Deerjager

Meister Gewehr
Reaction score
Big Joe, the brake pads, lines and hoses have been sitting in the garage for a while now, even before I joined here. Did not need the pads, but I got a real good deal on the ceramic pads, so they had to go on the truck :D.

Just needed the motivation to git 'r' done.:sweet Busy, but this stuff sure is fun, especially doing it myself.

I really want a set of gages and pillar pod, so saving funds after the coolant filter purchase for gages. After PM items for longtime service, gages are a priority for me.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big Joe, the brake pads, lines and hoses have been sitting in the garage for a while now, even before I joined here. Did not need the pads, but I got a real good deal on the ceramic pads, so they had to go on the truck :D.

Just needed the motivation to git 'r' done.:sweet Busy, but this stuff sure is fun, especially doing it myself.

I really want a set of [gages] and pillar pod, so saving funds after the coolant filter purchase for [gages]. After PM items for longtime service, [gages] are a priority for me.

I hear ya.. I've got some stuff waiting to be done. Wait'n for the weather to Cool Down Some.

Not Bash'n ya but:

YES ;) GAGES !!!!

There's bunch of us on here that HAMMER*.. about Gauges... before any Mods. Especially a Tuner.

Be Careful.. ? 'til you get some gauges installed ?

Joe

Pure Stock.. should have Gauges.. IMO. *I'm surprized we missed that..;):D:lmao

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have got to stand with Big Joe on the gauges. Get them and soon. You can burn up a motor in a few seconds without them.

Dave

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
Changed the oil yesterday and I am trying Lucas Synthetic oils staybylizer this go around and it seems to have quieted the rattle down a little. This coming weekends project is fuel filers and rear diff fluid and possibly reinstall my Whelen Hide-Away strobes in my head lights. The truck rolled over to 170,000 last Friday on the way to work and it's still running strong.

Last edited:

mrziggy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Changed fuel filter, changed oil filter:coffee

Fixed another rust spot!:doh:
At least it's a white truck and easy to paint

Deerjager

Meister Gewehr
Reaction score
LED lights for camper illumination

Finished the install last night on some LED light strips for the illumination of the camper shell on my truck. The battery operated light from the shell mfgr just did not cut it anymore.

These lights will be great for getting my hunting stuff out on a cold dark morning or putting up the equipment after a long day of hunting. Cost for the kit was $100.00 for 4 white strips and $25.00 for the 35' spool of heavy gage wire needed to run 12v to the bed and then the cost of some cable ties.

What the pics do not show is that the fourth strip is under the wooden shelf at the back of the bed and the first one is mounted between the rear brake light box and the window frame near the top, inside of the shell pointing back at the cab. I am very pleased with the results.

Here is the before with no lighting:
LED-before.jpg

Here is the after:
LED-after1.jpg

LED-after3.jpg

LED-after2.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member