What Ford Diesel if the BEST?

Which Ford Diesel is the BEST and WHY (post in thread)?

• 7.3L IDI

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • 7.3L DI Powerstroke

Votes: 39 62.9%
  • 6.0L Powerstroke

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • 6.4L Powerstroke

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SandW

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm getting into a Ford diesel of some kind soon, and I can't seem to get good facts on which is possibly the best, or at least the likely top 2 motors. Everything I hear of the 6.0 and 6.4s are bad (except for one post, but unsure if he has an exception motor 6.0, which I hear exist from time to time).

I thought of trying a poll, but unsure how to do it.

If the poll doesn't show-up right, please simply respond with your comments and tell me as much as you'd like. I'll read them all!

If you know of a good truck for sale in the eastern seaboard area (diesel, F250 or heavier, crew cab, 4x4, little to no rust) let me know. I live in MD close to Wash D.C.

thanks,
Andrew

JRJ04

Reaction score
both the 7.3 and 6.0 have proven to be good motors. The 7.3 has been around for a long time and has proven to be outstanding (arguably the best). the 7.3 had some issues with the tranny (around 99) but were worked out eventually.

the 6.0 is also an outstanding motor, although there were a significant number of issues with the earlier '03 and '04 models. Those bugs have been worked out and they now run great for the most part.

the 6.4 is a new engine and really hasnt been out there long enough for anyone to know how it will hold up long-term. so far, so good, but I'd stick to a 6.0 or 7.3 for now.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kinda like asking what cigar or beer (or god forbid OIL) you like...

i love my problem free 6.0L

Sawboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything you hear except for ONE post? Where were you reading the post.......on a dodge site?

Lemme make it two for ya. My 6.0 is a house puller!

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my 6.0, but its like buffs said, its all in how you take care it. I have had 50,000 problem free miles (knock on wood) by the way, Shell Rotella-T is the best oil :stir

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Ive got a very good running 6.0L in the driveway, it replaced an extremely good 7.3L. The only real bad things I have heard about the 6.4L is the fuel consumption issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58