What Ford Diesel if the BEST?

Which Ford Diesel is the BEST and WHY (post in thread)?

• 7.3L IDI

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • 7.3L DI Powerstroke

Votes: 39 62.9%
  • 6.0L Powerstroke

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • 6.4L Powerstroke

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Thats what polls are for, opinions.

That seems to be what the thread starter was looking for, opinions.

And yes I voted for the 6.0, and as I stated in my post up above, that's all I know. I have never driven a 7.3 so I can not speak for it.

If the thread is so useless and pointless, then why bush did you even respond to it?

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats what polls are for, opinions.

That seems to be what the thread starter was looking for, opinions.

And yes I voted for the 6.0, and as I stated in my post up above, that's all I know. I have never driven a 7.3 so I can not speak for it.

If the thread is so useless and pointless, then why bush did you even respond to it?

because some one chimed in about getting rid of a truck they havent
even OWNED 90 DAYS !

I have driven other FORD diesels....more than once....and
ive even worked on a couple of 6.0s & 7.3s...

Last edited:

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
by the present voting "results" it would give someone unfamilar
w/ FORD Diesels the impression that the 6.4 is JUNK...

Well, the 6.4 is new, and compared to the 7.3 and the 6.0 there aren't enough owners on this site to truly represent a fair ballot. Its an interesting cross section of owners and opinions, though.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
by the present voting "results" it would give someone unfamilar
w/ FORD Diesels the impression that the 6.4 is JUNK...

Well, the 6.4 is new, and compared to the 7.3 and the 6.0 there aren't enough owners on this site to truly represent a fair ballot. Its an interesting cross section of owners and opinions, though.

I do agree.

Maybe this time next year after alot more 6.4's have been purchased would
be a better time to have the same poll all over again.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
I do agree.

I'm very interested in how the 6.4 holds up. I had everyone I know tell me not to buy a 6.0, but after driving one I came to my own conclusions. The 6.4 has been the opposite. I've had folks say they are the best thing since canned soup, but the one's I've driven at least have left me wanting more. It may not be a fair contest, though. My 6.0 is wound up pretty tight, and the 6.4's are stockers. When the dpf deletes, egr disable's, and tunes are perfected I may change my mind. In the mean time, the D-max has to be driven to be believed. And that's the root of my problem with the new engine. Ford claims its close. Its not. I'm a long time Ford guy, and if the new engine came close, I'd have one in my driveway as we speak. Its pretty much a let down when you try to test drive a truck and it won't start. Or its ticking after 20 minutes. Or you have some on the lot with the hood not closed with a tag that says "mechanical attention needed'. Or you hit the service department and there's 2-3 with the cab's off. Or there's a Hot-shotter at the service desk wanting to know who's paying for his time or hotel bills because his truck is DOA again. Sorry for the rant. But we as customers and loyal buyers deserve better.

Fine69

Reaction score
I'm very interested in how the 6.4 holds up. I had everyone I know tell me not to buy a 6.0, but after driving one I came to my own conclusions. The 6.4 has been the opposite. I've had folks say they are the best thing since canned soup, but the one's I've driven at least have left me wanting more. It may not be a fair contest, though. My 6.0 is wound up pretty tight, and the 6.4's are stockers. When the dpf deletes, egr disable's, and tunes are perfected I may change my mind. In the mean time, the D-max has to be driven to be believed. And that's the root of my problem with the new engine. Ford claims its close. Its not. I'm a long time Ford guy, and if the new engine came close, I'd have one in my driveway as we speak. Its pretty much a let down when you try to test drive a truck and it won't start. Or its ticking after 20 minutes. Or you have some on the lot with the hood not closed with a tag that says "mechanical attention needed'. Or you hit the service department and there's 2-3 with the cab's off. Or there's a Hot-shotter at the service desk wanting to know who's paying for his time or hotel bills because his truck is DOA again. Sorry for the rant. But we as customers and loyal buyers deserve better.

Very well said!:clap:

Last edited:

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
Or there's a Hot-shotter at the service desk wanting to know who's paying for his time or hotel bills because his truck is DOA again

THAT IS EVERY FRIGGEN CUSTOMER THAT WALKS THROUGH THE DOOR AT OUR PLACE!!!!

i think, like any engine from any manufacturer, it has its bugs for the inaugural year run. i stated in a previous thread though, that my friends at the ford dealer down the street say they havent had any serious issues at all with the 6.4, just several software updates, and some snow shields for the filter.

im still voting 7.3di, and rooting silently for the 7.3/6.9 idi ;tu

desert50eagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have to personally vote for the 6.0 love it(daily driver)....Pulls like a train!!! However, I have two friends that own 7.3s with tons of problem free miles and one friend that owns a 6.4 and loves it(except for the economy). In my humble opinion, any of the three would be a much better choice over a dmax or cummins. Dmaxs are overrated and the cummins might be a great motor but what good is a great motor if the truck surrounding it is junk??? Again, just my humble opinion.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
I would have to personally vote for the 6.0 love it(daily driver)....Pulls like a train!!! However, I have two friends that own 7.3s with tons of problem free miles and one friend that owns a 6.4 and loves it(except for the economy). In my humble opinion, any of the three would be a much better choice over a dmax or cummins. Dmaxs are overrated and the cummins might be a great motor but what good is a great motor if the truck surrounding it is junk??? Again, just my humble opinion.

Well as long as your basing those opinions on real world experience and not hear-say you have a point.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I do agree.

I agree.

This is going nowhere fast and is teetering on personal attacks by many members. Closed..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58