What have you learned abou your 6.7L this week?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Our state (California) has junk fuel. Our Air Resources Board is to thank for this screw up. A fuel additive would help a lot.

Dave

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our state (California) has junk fuel. Our Air Resources Board is to thank for this screw up. A fuel additive would help a lot.

Dave

Yep.. I agree Dave. I was out of additive at the last top off.. juiced it up yesterday and within 5 miles or so.. I could really feel the dif.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been juicing the fuel for years.
It's the only way to get power and mileage.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been juicing the fuel for years.
It's the only way to get power and mileage.

Me too !

I'v tried all of'm through the years.. but Power Service (grey jug) (Wal-Mart) seems to be the one of choice for me.

Sad we have to tweak the only diesel fuel available to us... to get our stuff to perform right. No stats but it seems the Regen thing doesn't cycle as often with the "juice" mix.. Cleaner Burn I'm think'n ?

Joe

I see a lot of the Big Truck guys.. at my Card Lock station dumping additives in too

"Maxie"

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'v learned that my 6.7 runs Sooo much better with a Fuel Additive in the fuel, to juice up the basically DEAD.. ULSC #2 diesel we have to buy theze dayz.

Very Noticeably Better.

Joe

What additive are you using?

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run the motorcraft cetane booster. I get it cheep like 3 bucks a bottle from a buddy. I get 5 tanks out of one bottle. I think normal cost is 8 bucks..I think.

"Maxie"

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
While Opti-Lube is harder to get, I think will give it a try next fill-up.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Me too !

I'v tried all of'm through the years.. but Power Service (grey jug) (Wal-Mart) seems to be the one of choice for me.

Sad we have to tweak the only diesel fuel available to us... to get our stuff to perform right. No stats but it seems the Regen thing doesn't cycle as often with the "juice" mix.. Cleaner Burn I'm think'n ?

Joe

I see a lot of the Big Truck guys.. at my Card Lock station dumping additives in too

yep I use power service in the motorhome every fillup
makes a world of difference,
regens for me are almost non existent, as the exhaust i guess stays hot enough on the road to clear the dpf
or at least thats what frieghtliner says

Cratos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea with all that weight it most likely stays in the 6-7000 range on the exhaust temp side. I know when I pull my 3 horse trailer loaded for camping My dpf % stays about the same . And the temps are 6-700 on sensor 1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64