What is fuel costing you?

Fandini

Binford 6100 Owner
Reaction score
Cause they can. I have a friend that has a son that just filed bankruptcy. Independent trucker for the past 25 years and the whole fuel thing has cost him everything. Lost his truck, trailers and may loose his house before its over.
Jim

First people are losing their houses left and right because of greedy crooked loan sharks and now businesses are going belly up because these guys won't allow us to drill on our own soil. I know this sounds anti American but, sometimes I wonder if we would have been better off if the World Trade Center was spared and the Congress and Senate would have been wiped out. These butt holes aren't doing ANYTHING to help the situation (unless you are a stockholder in oil). Saudi Arabia can pump oil for $2.00 a barrel, supposedly there is an oil field in Canada that is Second only to Saudi Arabia in reserves but it cost $15.00 a barrel to pump so they won't drill. Then there is Alaska, off the coast of North Carolina, off the coast of Florida where there are large reserves, but we can't drill there because of environmental issues. I'm sorry but with the cost of oil today I think there is plenty of money there to pump it out of the ground and solve the problems of environmental impact as well as pump from the more difficult places. These problems can be solved if they wanted to tackle them but it seems that nobody wants to. If I was any one of the Presidential candidates right now I think that suggesting to Iraq that we will continue to help them establish a peaceful government if they pay us back by giving us a sizeable amount of oil to offset our investment would be a great start. Hell, call it a trade agreement. I just want to see somebody make a effort!:rant

desert50eagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
! Can somebody explain why diesel is $1.00 more than regular gas now?:guns::guns::guns::guns::guns::guns::guns:

I just read an article in the newest Diesel Tech magazine and if i am remembering correctly they claim that diesel is now more than gasoline because in order to become ULSD they have to spend more time refining it :stirthan they do to make premium gasoline. Not sure :dunno if the claim is closer to fact or fiction but i thought it was worth a mention.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First people are losing their houses left and right because of greedy crooked loan sharks

those home loans were OFFERED...to people that couldnt PAY...
no one MADE them take 100% or 120% financing...in more cases than not
those BAD mortage loans were given to GREEDY folks that were BETTING on
RAPID increases in home values (and thats in a BEST case senario)...most
just plain couldnt make the PAYMENTS...in my mind some of them should
be locked up quicker then the bankers who offered the loans !

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Oh what a bargain today,$4.42 a gallon:dizzy Filled up for the low low price of $173.00 :sauced:biking

My '09 Sport Wagon can't get here fast enough now!

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
Saudi Arabia can pump oil for $2.00 a barrel, supposedly there is an oil field in Canada that is Second only to Saudi Arabia in reserves but it cost $15.00 a barrel to pump so they won't drill. Then there is Alaska, off the coast of North Carolina, off the coast of Florida where there are large reserves, but we can't drill there because of environmental issues.
Think of this Cuba and china drill right off the us coast line just out side or water boundary's but we can't be cause of so called environmental issues, just a note, there are more accidents with them shipping the oil from the far east than pumping it under the water to the main land, check out the reports. ITS ALL B.S. Chiting on the little man now will , i say will come back on the big guy with the fat wallet. :backoff Sooner than later :clint

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think of this Cuba and china drill right off the us coast line

There drillen who do you think is going to clean up the mess in a spill??? This is a no-win problem..:rant

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Oh what a bargain today,$4.42 a gallon:dizzy Filled up for the low low price of $173.00 :sauced:biking!

You are doing it all wrong. Buying 39 gallons at one time is where you are in error. You have to hit the fuel stop when the gauge reads 1/2. At $4.42 a gallon you can only buy 22.62 gallons and it will be $99.99. Gives you that warm fuzzy feeling when it still takes less than $100 to fill her up :D :lmao

What else can you do about the price of fuel but laugh it off... Life is too short to be spending it fretting about the price of fuel. I about sold my boat this spring because of the price of fuel but then I rethought the situation and just quit looking at the price on the pump. My heating oil and vehicle fuel bills are high but there is not much I can do about it so I decided to try and not worry about it... hard thing to do but I am trying.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
What else can you do about the price of fuel but laugh it off... Life is too short to be spending it fretting about the price of fuel. I about sold my boat this spring because of the price of fuel but then I rethought the situation and just quit looking at the price on the pump. My heating oil and vehicle fuel bills are high but there is not much I can do about it so I decided to try and not worry about it... hard thing to do but I am trying.

exactly.
the Illuminati have us by the short curlies.. :watchout
Wall Street is making tons of money (See the Dow back over 13,000 on last Tuesday?) :tounge
and the Goobermint has absolutely no incentive whatsoever to do anything about it (not that we'd want them meddling in private buisness to begin with)

I went out and bought a DPTuner, truck is getting a full SEVEN mpg more... so I'm diggin' it. :tounge

Last edited:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I just read an article in the newest Diesel Tech magazine and if i am remembering correctly they claim that diesel is now more than gasoline because in order to become ULSD they have to spend more time refining it :stirthan they do to make premium gasoline. Not sure :dunno if the claim is closer to fact or fiction but i thought it was worth a mention.
There is no additional refining for diesel fuel over gasoline, in fact, it's the other way around
There is no additional refining for premium over regular gas.
They do it with additives.

Diesel fuel is more because of the Law of Supply and Demand. We all went out and bought diesel pickups four years ago, so the demand for diesel increased exponentially.
Now the push is on for bio-fuels,
and what does it take to produce the feed stock?
Diesel fuel!
Diesel fuel to plant, grow, harvest and transport the soybeans & corn.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl