What is fuel costing you?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
WOW. Was it at 11 to start with? SEVEN is a BIG number. :sweet

it's hand calc'd at 20mpg as of yesterday...
yes, it was at 13.
I never believed in prgrammers or tuners, but after having Dennis rave about his DPTuner, I spent the money one one :sweet

rather than a motorcycle (which I had the official okey-dokey to get, by the way) because of the time back in 1982 when I layed
undeneath an OBS F250, with my Kaw Z-1 on it's side and leaking fuel about 30 yards away... :dizzy
(the smallest car will knock over the biggest motorcycle)

so it was $380 bucks well spent. :hail

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
exactly.
the Illuminati have us by the short curlies.. :watchout

Who exactly is this Illuminati you keep regurgitating anyway?

Wall Street is making tons of money (See the Dow back over 13,000 on last Tuesday?) :tounge

How does Wall Street make money? I thought that was a place and the people made the money?

There is no additional refining for diesel fuel over gasoline, in fact, it's the other way around

And which refinery do you work in?

There is no additional refining for premium over regular gas.
They do it with additives.

Do these additives just come out of the water faucet or where exactly do they come from?

Diesel fuel is more because of the Law of Supply and Demand. We all went out and bought diesel pickups four years ago, so the demand for diesel increased exponentially..

The number of PSD's, Cummins' and Duramax's on the road has had a nil effect on fuel usage however what is going on over in China has had a ginormous impact on the available crude to the rest of the world.

Now the push is on for bio-fuels,
and what does it take to produce the feed stock?
Diesel fuel!
Diesel fuel to plant, grow, harvest and transport the soybeans & corn.

It takes the same amount of fuel to produce those very crops today that it took 5,10,15,or 50 years ago. No impact on the crude usage at all.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
OK...
how exactly do you multi-quote a reply?

Anyway..
the Illuminati is a group of super-rich, super-secret, super-powerful individuals from all over the globe, that secretly set an agenda to manipulate the world's economy for their own end.. in America, you must be a member of the Skull & Bones to be an Illuminati, but not all Skull & Bones members ARE Illuminati (#41 IS because he used to be head of the CIA, Dubbya is not, because he's a weinie)
I keep bringing it up so you think I'm a right-wing conspiracy-theorist nut-job. That works for me (and increases the ratings) :tounge

And you're right.
I mis-spoke myself on the refining.
The products come from different levels of the cracking tower.
The additives comment, however, comes from an employee of Ashland Petroleum

And it's not so much the fact that "we" bought PSD's & Dura-trash trucks, but as you said, as the economies in China, India and Southeast Asia basically emerge from the Stone-Age to the 21st Century in a matter of like 30 years, guess what they're buying?

And you have a lot of farmers (at least around here) taking hay or fallow fields and planting them in soybeans & corn, which takes more fuel; Turning these fields over, rather than a simple rotation of corn to beans to wheat

so we have everything working against us, and nothing for us at the moment.

The Democrats want to tax the oil company's windfall profits (as a punishment for making money), which is probably the absolutely worst idea I can think of right now. Where the heck do you think those profits go, anyway? Sure, you pay your investors dividends, because that's how you get them to invest in your company in the first place.

Oil company profits go right back into the ground.

Think about it for a minute. If you make a scad-zillion dollars drilling for oil, wouldn't you want to make a scad-zillion and twenty by selling more?
These guys are drilling as much and as hard as they can, and doing whatever they can to extend the life of existing fields to SELL MORE PRODUCT.

Business 101. You can't make any money if you don't sell any product.

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
OK...
how exactly do you multi-quote a reply?

Its a secret and you have to know the secret handshake to be in the Skull and Bones club.:tounge

Anyway..
the Illuminati is a group of super-rich, super-secret, super-powerful individuals from all over the globe, that secretly set an agenda to manipulate the world's economy for their own end.. in America, you must be a member of the Skull & Bones to be an Illuminati, but not all Skull & Bones members ARE Illuminati (#41 IS because he used to be head of the CIA, Dubbya is not, because he's a weinie)
I keep bringing it up so you think I'm a right-wing conspiracy-theorist nut-job. That works for me (and increases the ratings) :tounge

mmmmmkayyy.;tu

And you're right.
I mis-spoke myself on the refining.
The products come from different levels of the cracking tower.

Yeahbutt..........it goes alot deeper than that (btw, its a distillation column, not a cracking tower), when crude goes into the tower they are making either gasoline, or diesel, they are not making both at the same time.

The additives comment, however, comes from an employee of Ashland Petroleum

Dont these additives cost money?

And you have a lot of farmers (at least around here) taking hay or fallow fields and planting them in soybeans & corn, which takes more fuel; Turning these fields over, rather than a simple rotation of corn to beans to wheat

Again, the fuel usage is nil compared to what is being used elsewhere. I think that bio and ethanol overall is not a good idea but thats another whole different cat to skin.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Yeahbutt..........it goes alot deeper than that (btw, its a distillation column, not a cracking tower), when crude goes into the tower they are making either gasoline, or diesel, they are not making both at the same time.

See there? I learned me sumthin today... :sweet

Now, as far as bio-fuels go..
from foodstuffs (corn, soy, peanut) I'll agree.

Other biomass fuels, garbage, algae, etc., I think are worth exploring...

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See there? I learned me sumthin today... :sweet

Now, as far as bio-fuels go..
from foodstuffs (corn, soy, peanut) I'll agree.

Other biomass fuels, garbage, algae, etc., I think are worth exploring...

What would be cool is if you could take use motor oil, clean it and burn it in your truck for fuel.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 95_stroker

Distillationfig.jpg

dieselbarrel.jpg

Originally Posted by JLDickmon
*POOF*
Wish Granted!
Motor Oil Fuel Blending System | Waste Oil & Used Oil Recovery System

I worked for a company the would clean the oil and then dump it in the under ground fuel tank, It killed motors fast..

There!! I made My secret handshake...:tounge:lmao

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score

Yanno, I've been in one or two refineries and process plants in my life, even went to college and studied up on if for a few years and I have yet to see a piece of equipment that looks anything like that. But its a cool concept and if it were that easy we would have built dozens of refineries in the last 30 years instead of none. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58