What is needed to service a 6.0 ?

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
OH, ok i didnt realize that...i thought you were saying youd NEVER
drained the HFCM or changed the filters...sorry

Yeah, me too bama..sorry about the :eek: I'll switch back to the :lmao so i can :stir then when ya'all got it figured out we'll :clap: but until then :watchout

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
One more piece of the preventitive maintenance came in the mail today.

The Fumoto valve with the nipple arrived.

Guess its installation will have to wait when I do my first oil change.

Also found a 36mm socket at a local overstock store (Mike's Merchandise) for 3.95.
Its a regular BIG socket, but should work just as well as the especially design filter sockets. :sweet

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will work, I've used both types, it's just hard to get a 3/4 ratchet or a 1/2 with an adapter inside the frame rail to get the filter loose. Last time I did it, I was lying on the road at a stoplight. Not a fun place to do it, and to make matters worse, it wasn't even the problem!

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Just had an idea, I could use a sawzall with a fine tooth metal cutting blade and trim of some of the socket to make it shorter.

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can go at it with a sawzall, just clamp it securely. I would prefer to use an .090 abrasive disk in a grinder to do something like that.

What's the hex key weld?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
OK, gonna attempt my first oil change this week sometime.

I bought the 5 qrt. Motorcraft Powerstroke Diesel 15W/40 last night at WallyWorld for 9.97 each (bought 3).

I was gonna get the Motorcraft oil filters there, but was unsure as to the part # for them.

Still gotta get me a 36mm socket too (try to get it today if possible)

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Which means you will have a quart left over for the lawn mower. HPOP holds about .93 quart that doesn't come out. 14 is the magic number. Hint: once vehicle is on sturdy ramps, and the parking brake is set, loosen oil filter cap until it "pops" then go under and start draining oil. Once your oil is drained, and your trusty Fumoto valve is installed, grab a plastic wally-world bag or the like and keep it handy when you swap the filter. I like to lift cap and filter over housing, then place filter in bag and swap it that way. Keeps oil off motor and hands. Use new O ring, pop new filter into cap, a little oil on O ring, push in housing and thread it in. Don't forget those grease fittings while your under there. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58