What subwoofer box for a crew cab 07

woofer700

Diesel is cool
Reaction score
the system in our truck is not done yet, but the things that are done are, door speakers, (6x8 RF ) kicker 700.5, sat radio hard wired to factory head unit, RCA plugs installed into drivers side glove box, remote bass boost installed in there also, Aux side of factory head unit working, can also run din plug if I want, now anything with rca plugs, can run through factory system, our portable DVD player scared the crap out of me, I thought something was falling of the truck, only to find out it was the movie, cool, way cool.
JL 10s are next, little bro says he can get them back there, I'm almost ready to turn him loose.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why if youre doing all this work would you keep the <under performing>
factory head....

isnt the bass boost gonna be hard to reach from the drivers position if
its in the glove box ? <75% of the time our trucks are driven alone>

Last edited:

sik350

wuts bio-diesel?
Reaction score
nobody is willing to build me a box for that amount of cash..200+ for a box here..thats why i hope i dont have to settle for a ebay box..

Bulls03stroke

Jeramy
Reaction score
JL Audios truck boxes fit behind the seat of an 07' without any modifications.I have 2 behind the seat of mine with 2 JL W-1's and they sound real good

Big Stu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to have 4 jl 8's behind my seat with a 1000/1 amp powering them. They fit fine. I now have that same amp running two jl w3 12's in a custom center console box. It POUNDS like mad. My guy built the box using mdf, fiberglassed the inside for no air leaks and carpeted and installed for $140. Pretty cheap considering. I would stay away from pre made boxes unless they fit your criteria for measurements and use of material. Just my opinion....:sweet

Late Innings

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
JL Audio Stealth Box

I just put one of these in my 06 King Ranch. They make one that goes in a bench seat and one for the center console. Mine is the center console. Its got a 10'' sub that is more than enough for inside the cab. (if youre looking to entertain at traffic lights, this is not the sub for you). It does eat up all but about an inch of the storage in the console, and you can forget putting carbonated beverages in the cup holders (or anything else for that matter as it will either go flat fast or rattle). Its pricey but I'm very impressed.

Like many others I didn't want to give up the metal trays under the rear seats and the back wall was dedicated for my amp.

I strongly recommend this sub for anyone wanting to put good clean bass in the cab without giving up the rear trays.

irish4x4

Mayor of Margaritaville
Reaction score
I fit 2 10's in a box in my '04. I had to trim the carpet on back wall and the cabin vent bezel.

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey irish4x4, how do those 10's sound? Thats what I'm looking for in my '04. Could you tell me a little about the box and subs? :sweet

irish4x4

Mayor of Margaritaville
Reaction score
Hey irish4x4, how do those 10's sound? Thats what I'm looking for in my '04. Could you tell me a little about the box and subs? :sweet

The box is 34" wide, 17" tall. 3" deep at the top and 7" deep at the base. The only reason I used those Sony 'subs is because they are very shallow and were the only ones I found that fit. Now there are several super thin subs on the market. The sound is great. And once You replace the garbage oem door speakers the sound really comes together. The 10's will make the hair on your neck move if you want them to. "Fx4ord" and "Bushpilot" have nice systems too. The amp is a 480w which may be a little undersized but I was shopping on a budget when I put it together 3 yrs ago and have had no problems so far. If you plan carefully there is plenty of room.:ZigBang: Check ebay under "f250 sub box" too.

Last edited:

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The box is 34" wide, 17" tall. 3" deep at the top and 7" deep at the base. The only reason I used those Sony 'subs is because they are very shallow and were the only ones I found that fit. Now there are several super thin subs on the market. The sound is great. And once You replace the garbage oem door speakers the sound really comes together. The 10's will make the hair on your neck move if you want them to. "Fx4ord" and "Bushpilot" have nice systems too. The amp is a 480w which may be a little undersized but I was shopping on a budget when I put it together 3 yrs ago and have had no problems so far. If you plan carefully there is plenty of room.:ZigBang: Check ebay under "f250 sub box" too.

Thanks, I'm on a budget, too, so just checking to see what others are doing.:thumbs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track