whats this plug, i have one on ea fender well

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
whats this plug, i have one on ea fender well on the underside of my truck.

fenderplug.jpg

ponyexpress94

Diesel Power Junkie
Reaction score
Did you unplug anything from those harnesses? I know some super duty trucks had ABS optional, but thought it was standard on all F350's. Besides the brake hoses going to the front caplipers, how many tubes do you have running to the hub/steering knuckle area in each front wheel well? It may seem unrelated but do you have a switch on the dash for four wheel drive or do you have the lever on the floor? (The answer to that question helps determine how many tubes should be going to the hub.

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
i have a lever on the floor and manuel warn front hubs, i never unhooked anything?

ponyexpress94

Diesel Power Junkie
Reaction score
i have a lever on the floor and manuel warn front hubs, i never unhooked anything?

So how many lines/hoses do you have running to each front wheel besides the flexible brake lines?

If the answer is "no other lines" I would speak to the local Ford dealership parts guy. Have him run your VIN # and he should be able to tell you if your truck was built with ABS on the front brakes. If it was, see if he can print you a drawing of the hub assembly so you can see where the ABS sensor line is supposed to connect to on the hub assembly. The ABS sensor line plugs into those plugs on the fender liners and runs up on the outside of the frame to the flexible brake line junction on the frame and then gets clipped to the flexible brake line to run down to the front hub.

I guess it's possible that they were removed when the truck was lifted because they weren't long enough to reach from frame to hub with enough extra length??????

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
I guess it's possible that they were removed when the truck was lifted because they weren't long enough to reach from frame to hub with enough extra length??????

i lifted the truck, so i know thats not what happened there, but ill check on the other,

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
looks like the plug for front ABS

sure looks like what i unplugged to pull out my hubs weeks ago....

it is up behind the plastic wheel well insert?!?!?right

have you owned truck since new?? previous owner perhaps unplugged??

as it warms up today i could go out and snap some shots for reference, unless someone beats me to it...........:sweet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14