Which flip chip?

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a 6 position flip chip for my truck. I have looked at the offerings from the main players, but I don't know who to go with. What are the main differences? Who has the best economy program? Please discuss as I am ready to :burnit

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing? :( :( :( I was hoping that TWildman or SeeYa would chime in. I don't want to start any fights or any flaming, I'm just looking for info.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
I don't think you'll see both players saying their chip is "better". Seems that most people are very pleased with both. I went with the DP-Tuner and am very happy with it. Customer service is excellent.

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't expect that. I guess I was hoping for someone to tell me information like so and so makes more power, while so and so has a better economy tune. I don't know. I don't want to cause any problems. I may just delete my thread if people are going to be shy. As far as customer service goes, I have yet to run into a vendor on this site that doesn't satisfy.

Strictly Diesel

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Does this help?

1. I will only sell chips with the BEST tuning available, my customers deserve nothing less! See #2 Below.

2. I will only sell DP-Tuner chips! See #1 Above.

:burnit :D :hail

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, something along those lines. BTW, I got my column gauge pod finally today.:D :D Thanks for you help with that last week.

Bart

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
I first got my Evolution programmer(11/04) that has Bill's programs. Power and driveablility are good in all programs. Smoke's like a freight train in extreme and is manageble in the 80hp tune. 60's no problem.

Next I got a TS chip(2/05). Had Fuel 7, 125,100,75,50 and stock programs. Smoke was crazy in 125 and F7, 100 down wasn't bad. The hotter programs were too noisy and rough for me. But Dennis has gone through the 7.3 programs since then.

Now my chip has DI smokeless programs(3/05). Power's great and smoke is minimal, it is a tenth or two slower at the track then my Evo. I still have to make it to Houston to let David play with it.:D

The Evo has yielded me the best MPG in the 80hp tune. DI seems to be about 1 MPG down. Didn't have the TS long enough to get good mileage reading.

I'm sure I'll try DP and Twildman eventually.:roflmao
Hope that helps some.

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Antonio, that's what I am looking for. I would like to stick with products made/sold by members/sponsors of this board to help support their businesses. Economy has to be my #1 desire followed by power. Smoke is just for fun :D

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bartman said:
I am looking to buy a 6 position flip chip for my truck. I have looked at the offerings from the main players, but I don't know who to go with. What are the main differences? Who has the best economy program? Please discuss as I am ready to :burnit

I prefer Tony Wildman.:burnit

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
I have a TS that I got last July and really like it. Not much smoke in the 100. The Fuel7 is not noisy for me but I dont run it, I'm waiting to replace the exhaust and an ATS shroud. I'm happy with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58