Which gauges???

JSPulliam21

Uva Uvam Vivendo Vari Fit
Reaction score
THEDIESELMAN said:
What is this driving circuit box that you guys are talking about and what does it do.
It is a box that contains the electrical components that control the gauge. It is installed between the sending unit and the gauge. Everything connects to it: power, ground, sender, and 4-wires to the gauge.

Michael

Gauge Guy
Reaction score
I really can't add anything to this thread, as everyone seems to have the correct info about our gauges. On the new line you will have the option of installing the controller box under the hood (it will be fully sealed), then just running the 3 wires daisy-chain style to your gauges.

If you have any detailed questions, or issues with your gauges, feel free to PM me (I have it set to e-mail me if I get a PM on this site). I usually check back in on this site periodically, but I am traveling right now (and going through a divorce at home)....

Thanks and regards,
Michael Pliska

dpantazis

Reaction score
it is dim

THEDIESELMAN said:
dpantazis do you have your pyro gauge at the top if you do is it the pic or is the gauge a lot dimmer on the right side.

the pyro is on the top of the stack int he picture.

the right side is a little dim. i have to pull it out to figure out why. i dont know if its the bulb or the sharpie marker i laid over the bulb under the green cover.

if you look at the series of pics in my webshots montage, you will see the amp boxes and their gauges at the beginning.

the sender talkes to the amp/servo box. the amp box then talks to the gauge.

in the case of the pyro, we are sensing 0-30 MILLIvolts.

so the box converts the small changes of voltage to a more readable signal for the gauge.

my pyro is flaking out. i don;t know if its a connection problem or egt/pyro problem- so i will be working on it soon.

dennis

Michael

Gauge Guy
Reaction score
dpantazis said:
my pyro is flaking out. i don;t know if its a connection problem or egt/pyro problem- so i will be working on it soon.

dennis

Dennis,
What exactly is it doing? Let me know, and we'll replace whatever isn't working!

Thanks,
Michael Pliska

THEDIESELMAN

John Deere Tech
Reaction score
Michael i would like to know if you can tell me when to expect the 40# turbo boost gauge to be out because right now that is all i am waiting for.

Michael

Gauge Guy
Reaction score
Yup, Joe has it right. I am being told that we should have them ready by around July 17. Supplier issues sometimes push these dates out (this one has been pushed out already), but I will keep some pressure on them for this one.

Thanks and regards,
Michael Pliska

J L Dunn

J L Dunn
Reaction score
Why gauges?

I'm really new to diesels and know very little about them. But, that said, I have one...Ordered June, 1999 to my specs: F250 7.3L Superduty, 2WD. I bought it to have enough truck when I had to move my deer lease Airstream about. My co-worker told me that I'd need at least that much truck. When pulling the Airstream, I don't even know it's back there.

That said, all I have in gauges are the "indicator" gauges that came with the truck. From what I read, do I need something better? Why?

I do not move that Airstream hardly at all, once it's set up.

Thanks,

J L Dunn

JSPulliam21

Uva Uvam Vivendo Vari Fit
Reaction score
Gauges are a way to quickly and accuratley monitor the operating conditions of the engine and transmission. The factory "gauges" are slow to react, give vauge readings, and are not accurate. I like to know whether I am getting 60 psi of oil pressure or 5 psi. With the factory gauge you would see "normal" pressure across all pressures. The same goes for transmission temp, coolant temp, egt, and boost. I watch the trans temp gauge on my truck show a completely warmed trans, while the ISSPRO gauge does not even show 100*. That is not accurate. I see four gauges as mandatory for a diesel. They are: pyrometer(for keeping an eye on egt's while towing), oil psi(for showing the correct pressure at all times), coolant temp(to quickly and accuratley monitor coolant), and one of the MOST IMPORTANT, TRANS TEMP(allows you to accuratley monitor transmission fluid temp to avoid overheating, even on a stock unloaded truck). I keep a trans temp gauge on everything I own with an automatic trans. That is why I have certain gauges.

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could be like me and have 10 gauges, two pyros (right and left side) tranny temp, oil, temp, oil pressure, fuel pressure, water temp, volts, boost, and manifold pressure!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim