Which performance chip is better?

Race22

Jim
Reaction score
I run Tony Wildmans chip and just love it. Tony will work with you to get exaclly what you need.

neil_04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 97 and i like what everyone is saying about the tony wildman chips but i live down the street from diesel innovations which do you think would be best? my bro has the DI 3 position when he is in performance mode he blows everyone away i would like my obs to run with his but aperently im looking at alot of work to keep up just looking for some info befor i start spending thanks

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO tony has the best programming for teh older trucks. I know other programmers have good stuff too, but tony seems to have the older trucks down perfect.

rtxcoon

She Smokes a little!!!
Reaction score
neil_04 said:
i have a 97 and i like what everyone is saying about the tony wildman chips but i live down the street from diesel innovations which do you think would be best? my bro has the DI 3 position when he is in performance mode he blows everyone away i would like my obs to run with his but aperently im looking at alot of work to keep up just looking for some info befor i start spending thanks

for what its worth to ya....I gave Tony my old DI chip...and he gave me a better one back :) :) :)

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I'm an OBS guy too Neil,,,, I'm running Tony's tunes on my Beans squirters...... Its a lethal combo.

ward cleaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the chip today and Wheehooa, that thing made my truck fly like a bat outa h311.
my check engine light came on after I floored it up-hill in extreme mode though. hmm, any thoughts? it went out after I switched back to stock mode for a while.
Ok, I got a code reader and made the c.e.l. come on again in extreme mode (hehehe)... and it read

P0238 (Turbo/Super Boost Sensor A Circuit High Input, with a 01/01 under that).

What's this? is it bad? am I damaging anything by doing this? I only have a pyrometer, can't afford a boost gauge yet.
I e-mailed Tony for a clue too.

Race22

Jim
Reaction score
You over-boosted the MAP sensor. This is common with a chip. You will need to put either a regulator, pop off valve, or electronic over ride on the MAP sensor. I run a pop off valve that relieves at 23 PSI. No more SES lights.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simmons Inaya