Question Who's going hunting ?

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going with my 16 year old son and a friend for elk (with wife and daughter in camp - they wouldn't miss it!) then a week after I'm taking the same group plus a couple of 19 year olds that are wanting to harvest their first muley. My daughter just got her hunter's safety last month but won't be old enough for big game until next year. Can't wait for October!:hail

Doghead

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Opening day of bow season opens in T minus 15 days. I will be out in the stand at 5:45am on the nose. Me and my new Hoyt. come rifle season I will be sharing the woods with my girlfriend who took her hunters saftey exam last fall:sweet

10 years later I am still trying to get the wife to take the hunter saftey course and get a licence. That would allow her to get ainto the limited entery draws in BC. That would be 1 more chance in the draws for our group!!;tu

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
How is the success rate out there?

We got one baby Bullwinkle on our big river trip but still have until the 15th to get another and until the 25th to get the third.

lone_star_dsl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm takin the men on my wifes side to Oklahoma. My uncles lives down there and he can never seem to get enough help killing wild hogs.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Anyone kill anything lately? We are still holding at one Moose. Only three days left to kill another one. At least the freezer is about full. Next trip is for Ducks in October.

Ironmerganser

Ironmerganser
Reaction score
This weekend we are heading to Minnesota to chace Ruffed Grouse for 3 days. Then the last weekend in November, ditch parrot (pheasant) and quail season starts in IA and NE so we will begin chasing them. The 3rd weekend in November we will be heading to KS to chase their ditch parrots and quail. Mixed in throughout all this will be shooting ducks and geese in NE, IA and KS when the weather is right.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
These were from last year. Oh...........the cougar I saw two years ago was spotted again last week.

Tbar

lone_star_dsl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm takin the men on my wifes side to Oklahoma. My uncles lives down there and he can never seem to get enough help killing wild hogs.

Well we had a great weekend hunting and fishing!

We ended up getting a boar that was 200+lbs and two sows that were about 150 each.

I have a few pics but need to figure out how to get them from my phone to the computer first.

woofer700

Diesel is cool
Reaction score
Archery season started here in S.D. last Sat (27th), three any deer tags, statewide. New blind worked great. Had a doe at 39yrds, she took 2 steps to many and got behind some taller weeds, didn't have a shot. Also stumbled on two mature whitetail bucks, will try to set up on them in the next two weeks.

jviola

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Here's the guys on our yearly grouse hunt in Black River Falls, WI
Sorry no game pics, I hit the delete and this was the only one that saved, but anyway we did not do so well this year, mabe do to the great deal we got on after hunting beverages, seems no one could get up early in the mornings but every one had a great time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl