Help Needed Won't start. Using auto enginuity

walter.dreyer

Flashover
Reaction score
2003 6.0 won't start. I ran my auto enginuity. The first time I've used it. I'm not sure what it's telling me. So here's what I believe is the pertinent info. Basically anything that had a red bar graph.FICM Main power,47.5, Min 40 Max 52 95%. FICM information for sync Value:no, Min. 0, Max 1. FICM Logic Power 86%, FICM Vehicle power, 13.50,Min 10, Max 15.

accellerator pedal position1 value 4.08, min0, max 5.00, Barometric pressure hz,value 156.4 Min 0, max 172, battery voltage 13.75 min 0 max 16. calibration voltage reference input. 4.96, Min0, Max 5. Coolant temp volts 4.13, Min 0, Max.5 Engine oil temp sensor7%, ENGINE OIL TEMP 82% ,

Now to pertinent codes. P0284 cyl. 8 injector circuit contribution/balance fault detail said Module Fuel and air metering.
P132b Unknown trouble code.

Sounds to me like my FICM is shot. Can someone familiar with the autoenginuity program offer any assistance.

Also I have an airdog fuel preporator and a fuel pressure gage. I'm showing 55 psi at the fuel bowl. I tried buzzing the injectors and didn't hear a thing, other than my fuel pumps running.

Also the last two mornings it started but was chugging like a choked gas engine, once it warmed up, it was fine. Later yesterday afternoon it started, chugging like earlier in the day, then died, and hasn't started since.

The truck and I are stuck at work. I get off tomorrow morning, so any help would be greatly appreciated. I wanna go home.

Last edited:

atk

Reaction score
FICM sync should be yes. all the other values look normal. to me it doesn`t sound like that is your problem, but i may be wrong....for this to be in sync, it gets its signal from the crank and cam sensors, so maybe look at these areas(check for wiring chaffing, this can be a pita to find. i do have a list of the common area`s for chaffing, but need to find it. if i do, i`ll post it up)....hope this helps

also you may have an injector going out, but still should run with one bad injector

walter.dreyer

Flashover
Reaction score
I was reading a Ford tech article that said sync should be yes, except they indicated "when the engine is running". Mine isn't running . Does that make a difference?

atk

Reaction score
I was reading a Ford tech article that said sync should be yes, except they indicated "when the engine is running". Mine isn't running . Does that make a difference?

try and see if you can see what it says while you are cranking the engine. may not hurt to see what your cranking psi of HPOP too....

when it was running(chugging) was there any smoke(black, blue, white)?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Alex:
doesn't that go pedal value look high for a cranking value?

looks like it might have an in-range failure to me..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58