Help Needed Won't start. Using auto enginuity

walter.dreyer

Flashover
Reaction score
I added it. Please guys don't argue. It won't do me or anyone else any good.

I ran the test again. CMP,CKP are in sync- the value on the real time screen was a 1 in red. However, on the data grid screen it read no, then during cranking it changed to YES.

The Profile Ignition Pickup input read 0- green, Fuel pulse width 2312- green, Calibration voltage reference input 4.96 red although on the data screen it shows 0-5 as in range. Camshaft position sensor level 0-green However live data grid shows low.
Camshaft sensor failure shows No Fault.

Now for some interesting Fault codes. I ran an all codes list and I found these. Under Hybrid Electronic Cluster U1262 SCP(J1850) COMMUNICATION BUS FAULT, U1027 SCP (J1850) Invalid or Missing Data for Engine RPM.

I think its a good thing that I have CMP CKP sync, but this U1262, and U1027 fault have me confused.

walter.dreyer

Flashover
Reaction score
By the way I pushed and pulled on the harness wires and ran the cranking test again with no change. I was unable to get one of the covers on the left fenderwell off. So I didn't see any blown fuses. Also all power readings on the scanner show power present. I really took my time and went through the program in depth. I'm still not sure of everything I saw, but I saw all the features. I was surprised that I couldn't find a crankshaft position sensor failure test.

Last edited:

atk

Reaction score
did you try removing(unplugging) the Banks sixgun system?

when using a tuner/programmer and having problems like yours, always best to return the truck back to stock and go from there....problem may be in the Banks unit?

walter.dreyer

Flashover
Reaction score
Yes I thought of that late last night, so all the tests I ran today were with the Banks unit out of the loop. I also figured if it goes to the dealer they're going to disconnect it any way. Although it runs its own checks and gives a green light to show all is OK. Yes it was displaying a green light.

I reread the manual for AE, all the colors indicate is an approximate load value for the sensor indicated. Green 0-80% , Yellow 80-90%, Red 90-100%. So a Red color isn't necessarily bad. You would have to know the normal state of the sensor. It appears the data grid would be a better indicator, as it shows MIN/Max, as well as current values.

Sooo, it appears that all values are normal. Except that it will not buzz the injectors. Not any of them. I realize that its possible to lose them all, all at once, but gotta be highly unlikely. Where do I look next.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
No Buzz test says the FICM is faulty. You should get some codes indicating this if it is the FICM.

Dave

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
What happened with my truck was the no start when cold, but if I plugged it in for a couple of hours, it would start. It would start all day after the morning start. Try plugging it in.

Dave

atk

Reaction score
any news?-popcorn-popcorn-popcorn

FYI....this from a good FICM(mine)

KOEO....FICM logic power-11.48v
FICM main power-48.92v
FICM vehicle power-11.48v
FICM sync.-no
sync. CMP/CKP-no

KOER....FICM logic power-13.48v
FICM main power-48.98v
FICM vehicle power-13.48v
FICM sync.-yes
sync. CMP/CKP-yes

just thought i would pass this along....going try to find some values on the throttle position sensor, as JL stated, seems high....

walter.dreyer

Flashover
Reaction score
New Ficm, still fails the Buzz test, No Noises what so ever. I'm going to replace the #8 injector to see if it will start to buzz, That way I'll know if its that all the injectors that are bad, or if I need to look somewhere else. That injector tests in a balanced condition anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58