Help Needed Won't start. Using auto enginuity

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
Im no 6.0 guy but Id pass on replacing the injector. if they all wont buzz you have a management problem. look HARD for the correct fuse blown or at the CORRECT management wires for chaffing. dont start throwing parts at it. that sounds like your dealers ideas $$$$$$$

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sure wouldn't imagine all eight wouldn't make a noise unless something else was wrong ,,

the peddle thing stood out at me also I had just watched mine before your original post
3.97...1.54 .99
in order 1-3 at idle

EDIT I thought you had all three values in your first post ,, you just had the #1 and then the upper lower limits not the other 2 readings ,, so never mind

Last edited:

atk

Reaction score
New Ficm, still fails the Buzz test, No Noises what so ever. I'm going to replace the #8 injector to see if it will start to buzz, That way I'll know if its that all the injectors that are bad, or if I need to look somewhere else. That injector tests in a balanced condition anyway.

was the truck at the dealer when the FICM was installed? was the new FICM programmed?

walter.dreyer

Flashover
Reaction score
Ok, I really need my truck, so I sent it to the dealer. They said that my FICM was definitely bad. They replaced it, and still no injector buzz. They replaced one injector and reran the buzz test again. The replacement injector buzzed. So they replaced the rest of the injectors. The good news is my truck is running. The bad news is the price $4300. I probably could have saved myself $1000 by replacing the injectors myself, but I didn't want the responsibility of the truck still not running. I just couldn't believe that all eight injectors went bad at the same time.

The only question I have is this. How do all eight injectors go bad all at the same time? Is it possible that the FICM hit the injectors with a voltage spike and burned them up?

Last edited:

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
holy crud ,, the impossible happened or they lied ,, but the impossible has happened to me so ???????????????????????

did u run out of fuel ? or did the ficm/ cra..p and take out all 8?

Last edited:

atk

Reaction score
Ok, I really need my truck, so I sent it to the dealer. They said that my FICM was definitely bad. They replaced it, and still no injector buzz. They replaced one injector and reran the buzz test again. The replacement injector buzzed. So they replaced the rest of the injectors. The good news is my truck is running. The bad news is the price $4300. I probably could have saved myself $1000 by replacing the injectors myself, but I didn't want the responsibility of the truck still not running. I just couldn't believe that all eight injectors went bad at the same time.

The only question I have is this. How do all eight injectors go bad all at the same time? Is it possible that the FICM hit the injectors with a voltage spike and burned them up?

wow....:eek:.... glad you got it fixed....;tu....yeah i find it hard to believe that all 8 were bad. i still question that the ficm was bad....as to your question, i`ll see if i can find anything out....

walter.dreyer

Flashover
Reaction score
No, I didn't run out of fuel, in fact I had 3/4 of a tank. I had 55 PSI fuel pressure to the fuel bowl. I do run Biodiesel, Lately 50%. The dealer tried to make an issue of that, but I told him, look I've been running Bio for over 2 years, 50,000 Miles. It makes no sense that all eight would go bad at the same time now. Initially, first tank maybe, but not 50,000 miles later.

Zman, what impossibility happened to you?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58