WOOT! Lift, wheels and tires on the way!

06silvercrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well ive been toying with the idea of a lift kit and wheels and tires. Beem doing alot of research on lifts as far as brands, height, tire size, wheels etc.
I was wanting to go with a 8'' kit and 38's but as alot of you probably know there is a BIG price jump from a 6'' to an 8'' along with a bug price jump from a 36 to a 38 tire. Anyhow I ordered the Rough Country 6'' Four link kit, come complete with everything needed including shocks. For tires I ordered Mickey Thompson MTZ in a 36x15.50x20 and for wheels I went with XD-series 766 in a 20x10 chrome finish. Anyhow, I just wanted to share my excitment, I will post pics of the install and finished product when it all gets here.

Scott

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
Congrats!! Can't wait for the pics.

How come you decided not to go with that other kit we talked about?

06silvercrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats!! Can't wait for the pics.

How come you decided not to go with that other kit we talked about?

Thanks! I was supposed to pick up the other lift/tires etc we talked about today but the guy called me yesterday and backed out kinda last minute. Plus I got a pretty good deal on the lift so I jumped on it!

Scott

altaford

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Where did you order the kit from, and how much$?? Been looking pretty hard at that lift myself, seems the standard price is $1279 pretty much everywhere.

06silvercrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guy off ebay that had a best offer option. Grabbed it for $1100 plus $39shipping. Ill let you know how well i t works when I install it

06silvercrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheels and lift are here. Still waiting on my tires. Im hoping to get the kit installed tomorrow, Ill take plenty of pics and post my outcome. Oh and the quality of the lift looks great. The 4 like bars are beautifull made, text book welds, etc. Lets hope it all fits as good as it looks.

Scott

altaford

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Sounds great, can/t wait for a review. Found a place here in Canada selling this lift for the US price, so going to order it soon myself.

06silvercrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im literally in the process of putting the kit on now. Tires came in this morning and I got them mounted on the wheels. So far Ive got all the four link stuff installed, springs in, and a few other misc items done. Waiting on a buddy to bring me a 1-7/8 socket for the pitman arm so I can get it swapped. the directions so far have been fait, biggest problem is most of the places where is says what size socket/wrench to use are so far off. It said use a 34mm on the pitman arm, haha not even close. My stuff goes to 36mm and its not even close. The heat is taking its toll on me as today is the hottest day of the year, so Im taking my time. I hope to finish tonight or worst case tomorrow morning. Ill post more when I have more.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58