WOOT! Lift, wheels and tires on the way!

06silvercrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well front is all done and have the big tires on it. UH OH got pretty bad rubbage problem with the front bumper. Im gonna try to shim the bumper out tomorrow and see if that Gives me enough, but if not ill fire up the sawzall and "massage" the bumper a little. LOL. Dont really wanna go that route but, got $2700 in wheels and tires and cant back out now. As for the lift kit and the dual steering stabilizer kit, everything has fit perfectly without a single issue. VERY happy with the quality of this lift kit so far. All pics and some more details will be up tomorrow after I get the rear done and figure out what the hell to do with my front bumper issue.

06silvercrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well she is done and I drove it a short bit. Drives amazingly well considering I havent aligned it yet. Gonna align it first thing tomorrow. Everything went really well. Only problem that I ran into was the bolts for the driveshaft carrier bearing spacer werent long enough, but thats not a big deal. The hiem joints on the front four link setup are a little noisy on rough terrain, but thats to be expected. All and all it took me about 7 hours to install it. The rear U bolts were too long, I didnt have enough thread. So I chucked the stock 1-7/8 rear blocks and slapped in a set of 3.5'' blocks that I had sittin around. So the rear actually has about 8'' of lift, and the front has 6'' of lift.

th_liftingtruck003.jpg

th_liftingtruck001.jpg

th_liftingtruck006.jpg

th_liftingtruck009.jpg

th_liftingtruck011.jpg

06silvercrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front is sitting just a tad low for my liking, but I have a "fix" for that. When Im dont it will actually be an 8'' kit :)

altaford

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So, hows the ride relative to stock???
My 350 is way stiffer than the 250 I was driving before, hoping the lift will soften it up just a little bit.

06silvercrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its deff. rougher then the stock ride. But not too awful bad, but hey who buys a solid axle truck for ride quality? LOL Its smoother then the 03 F-350 that I test drove before I bought my 06. If that means anything.

Scott

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58