WOOT! Lift, wheels and tires on the way!

06silvercrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cant say anything but good things about the kit. Ive had some bad luck with lift kits in the past, and also read alot of horror stories on here and FTE. Like I posted above, the ONLY issues I had were the bolts not long enough for the driveshaft drop bracket. $5 and a trip to Lowes to get some grade 8 bolts and I was in business. Your truck being a 350 as far as I know you probably have the 3.5'' blocks in the rear so should be good to go.

altaford

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
For the price, there are really no kits that compare. Some say the shocks are poor, but I never find shocks last too long anyway.

altaford

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Actually, one more question. Any estimate of the lift gained from just the add-a-leaf? I want mine to sit level when done, trying to figure out if I should use just the extra block, or maybe just the add a leaf and stock block only.

06silvercrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well first thing you need to do is see if your truck has the 1-7/8 block or the 3.5 block. If you have the 3.5 block you could get away with either just the block or just the spring, thats really up to you. However if you do this, you will probably have to have some new ubolts, as stock would be too short, and ones in the kit be too long. If you have the 1-7/8 you will need to use both block and add a leaf. Only reason mine sits so high in the rear is because I switched out my small blocks for the big blocks. Now to compensate Im gonna add a leveling spacer in the front to give me 2 more inches, totaling 8'' all the way around :) Making it sit level.

Last edited:

altaford

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Cool, yeah, I have the tall blocks, so I think for ease of install, I'll just add in their block also. Don't really want to make the rear any stiffer than it is, and I'm pretty sure the extra leaf would.

By the way, forgot to mention, the truck looks great. Good to see another driveway installer too.

Last edited:

Sawboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Silvercrew, that is one SWEET looking truck man!

Nice job on the wheel tire combo pick!

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
That turned out GREAT!!!

Do you happen the have another set of 3.5" blocks, that you wanna send my way???

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58