Help Needed Work truck is down! Need help asap please!

95bamastroked

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yeah in fact I had unplugged the icp and tried that. It still wouldn't start. I am working on trying to get someone to come over with a scanner and read the codes. Getting the codes would definitely be a help though.

Thanks, Daniel

ridndirty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I think the plastic I used was PVC, and I didnt take any pictures because it was late and I needed the truck running the next day, or I would have bought the ones from from the dealer. I think for the peace of mind, you should spend the 16 dollars and buy them, I'm just hoping that my fab. skills are up to the task. By the way, I used to be a contract cable installer myself, about 30 years ago.

RArmer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I used 1/4" wide wire ties on mine. I just pushed the plug back in and wrapped it around the catch and the retainer bar, so it couldn't come off and the tie can't fall off either

ridndirty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I used 1/4" wide wire ties on mine. I just pushed the plug back in and wrapped it around the catch and the retainer bar, so it couldn't come off and the tie can't fall off either

Good idea RArmer, didnt even think of those when I did mine.;tu

95bamastroked

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well, the HPOP is full. I went through all the fuses, they are all good. I pulled the passenger side valve cover(that took 2 hours-bahhh) and the harnesses don't look burnt, and there are only 2 main harnesses under 1 valve cover on my truck. Both harnesses didn't look or feel loose either. I am at a stand-still until a guy my cousin knows can come over and hook up a scanner to my truck. I can't afford much more on this so getting codes is going to be the next best step. He said he will drive to my house and do it for $50 because my cousin knows him. That will be a big help! This guy also told me that it could possibly be a bad FICM. I know what it is, but don't know where it is, heh. He has a used one so I told him to bring it with him just in case.

I am also going to do research on how to test the injectors.(the buzz test) Hopefully there isn't something broke deep inside the motor or I am screwed.

Thanks for all the input guys, and keep 'em coming!

Daniel

95bamastroked

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Update

I had a very good and experienced PSD mechanic come over last night and hook up his $3,000 scanner (snap-on) to my truck. Everything checked out good, no injector codes, buzz test passed on all 8, and even oil pressure is awesome on cranking. He tried a few other tests like trying to keep it running, checking for fuel flow to the bowl, etc. Everything else was showing good, and he says it is definitely a fuel supply problem.

So, today I get to start at the front and work my way to the rear to one of the tanks. Hopefully I will find a plugged line or something to that effect so I can at least say "I found the problem and fixed it"!

Thanks for the help guys! I will post updates when I find the problem.

Daniel

95bamastroked

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Truck up and running!!

Well, after 5 days and headaches, I finally found the problem. I was tracing a fuel problem and started with the tanks. The supply wasn't restricted from the tanks so I moved under the hood. Disassembled the FPR and fuel bowl and bullseye! The FPR screen was 100% blocked and covered with crud! I couldn't believe it. The bowl had almost 1" of sediment in the bottom! It was a wonder it even ran at all before all these problems happened.

Once I got the bowl and FPR cleaned, put it all back together and fired it up. It took about 20 seconds to get clean fuel back into the system and she popped right off. It only took about 5 miles the get rid of the slight miss from air in the system. I am back to work today and very glad to be back to work!

Thanks for all the help guys! All suggestions and information always is appreciated!

Daniel

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Disassembled the FPR and fuel bowl and bullseye! The FPR screen was 100% blocked and covered with crud! I couldn't believe it. The bowl had almost 1" of sediment in the bottom! It was a wonder it even ran at all before all these problems happened.

Wow..........It is entirely possible that fuel tank is full of sediment as well.

Tbar

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58