XM radio

acjjkamp

Blitz and Harley
Reaction score
I added XM radio to my truck :sweet

One of the local stores had the XM Audiovox car kit on sale for $16, so I figured why not give it a try. I was looking at the XM2Go system first, but at $100+... All I can say it I love it :thumbs

Ended up going back and buying a second unit just for the car kit. That one (car kit) is going into the camper.

Used the tips here to figure out the best antenna routing (door trim rubber) and where/how to hot wire it, key on, to keep the lighters free.

All in all, not counting the monthly $13, $36 for non stop listening enjoyment. :D

Picked up the home dock to try it at work too. Wasnt too sure if it would make it out of our window less dungeon.... but it works great there too.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
You can get XM online over any computer...preferrably high speed connection. Go to " listen.xmradio.com " follow instructions. You need your radio I.D. number and thats about it. Give them your email, a password, and it takes about 2 minutes.

chewie95

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I know how you feel. Since I got XM, I don't remember the last time I listened to the crummy radio stations around here. One thing I added was the modulator to skip the wireless set up, now reception is great anywhere without changing channels. I also listen thru my computer on line:thumbs

acjjkamp

Blitz and Harley
Reaction score
I tried to listen online at work, but our IT blocked streaming audio and video :( thats why I got the base station for work.
All I can say is it's worth it. Originally got it for when we are out dry camping. Dont get any radio out in some of the places we go to, canyons and mountians, so the satlelite works great.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
ditto
ray and bills hints helped me millions
now i listen to teh three comedy stations on the drive to work, folks are always looking me when i laugh at red lights.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Awesome move to Satellite Radio there Al:thumbs

I listen to XM Radio Online via Windows Media Player 10,it sounds way better than XMRO's player:D :notworthy

For the XM forums check out www.XM411.com:sweet

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
202 High Voltage is a scream. Opie and Anthony with jim Norton are a mess.

heilman97

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
haha yea, i have the xm to go and I use it at work and in my truck. oh man is it great through the middle of iowa and the midwest. whew they get nothing hahaha, but on cloudy days it's not the best. but oh well, that's why there is my trusty cd player as backup

Norcal250

Gimp member
Reaction score
-mad I'm still trying to find out how to route my Sirius antenna in my van... too short to go all the way to the back, and I don't know if I want to route the wire outta one of one of the front doors..:dunno Luckily I haven't activated an account yet

CHPMustang

Reaction score
heilman97 said:
haha yea, i have the xm to go and I use it at work and in my truck. oh man is it great through the middle of iowa and the midwest. whew they get nothing hahaha, but on cloudy days it's not the best. but oh well, that's why there is my trusty cd player as backup
Did you connect up an external antenna to your XM2Go? It's the size of a quarter and will do wonders reception wise:thumbs
We have never had a weather related outage with XM long as the external antenna is utilized.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58