which one is your scooter ???
I believe it is this one.

003a.jpg

:roflmao :roflmao

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
We rode across the desert on Saturday afternoon, when we rolled into Thermopolis, Wy @ 4 pm it was 109*F. So we headed up into the Big Horns where it was a little cooler.

Today its a balmy 103*F.
Haven't heard of Thermopolis in a while. Did you take a dip in the hot springs? I spent a few days up in that area about 21 years ago while working with an oil company. Was checking out an area for some seismic work. Spent part of the time in Thermopolis and part in Worland. Our work was between the two towns. Beautiful country up there, saw a bunch of antelopes, and it was hot then too.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
We rode across the desert on Saturday afternoon, when we rolled into Thermopolis, Wy @ 4 pm it was 109*F. So we headed up into the Big Horns where it was a little cooler.

Today its a balmy 103*F.

whats up w/ the hankies on your heads ???

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
02SilverStroke said:
Haven't heard of Thermopolis in a while. Did you take a dip in the hot springs? I spent a few days up in that area about 21 years ago while working with an oil company. Was checking out an area for some seismic work. Spent part of the time in Thermopolis and part in Worland. Our work was between the two towns. Beautiful country up there, saw a bunch of antelopes, and it was hot then too.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn which is just inside the Hot Springs State Park and water from the spring is piped into the hotel hot tub. Yup, we took a dip. If you ever get a chance to visit the Holiday Inn its worth the stay, the owner is an avid hunter and has taken numerous trips to Africa, the whole hotel serves as his trophy room. Everything from Elephants and Rhinos from his safaris to Elk, sheep and deer from his North American hunts. Its quite the place.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
bushpilot said:
whats up w/ the hankies on your heads ???

:dunno Just in case someones gotta blow thier nose?:dunno

btw..... I didnt have a hanky on, just a ball cap to keep the sun off my face.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
We stayed at the Holiday Inn which is just inside the Hot Springs State Park and water from the spring is piped into the hotel hot tub. Yup, we took a dip. If you ever get a chance to visit the Holiday Inn its worth the stay, the owner is an avid hunter and has taken numerous trips to Africa, the whole hotel serves as his trophy room. Everything from Elephants and Rhinos from his safaris to Elk, sheep and deer from his North American hunts. Its quite the place.
I was at the same place and remember all the trophies in the restaurant. I didn't go to the hotel hot tub. If my memory serves me correctly, I ate my first buffalo burger there. Stayed there one week, but since our crew decided to use Worland as a temporary base, I spent the second week there (Worland). No comparison in the two hotels. Do they still have the "wild" buffalo roaming around in a pasture just past the hotel?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58