Your Winter Projects

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone making plans for a winter project? A few friends are restoring their hot rods this winter, and I am rebuilding our 1/4 mile car. New heads, cam, intake, valves, pistons, drag slicks, electronic ignition, etc. With the old stuff, dual points, iron heads, smaller valves, heavier rods, old worn out slicks, we went 10.79 @ 125 mph, back in 1989 when some of you were not even born.
Geeez,,, that makes me feel old.

Anyway,,, what are your projects this winter?

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Got some home projects to work on, nothing too big. L/Room needs paint, need new garage door. Bay window will have to wait till spring. Whats the car your working on, maxtor?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I got a few home repairs I need to do (replace some missing and broken banisters on the porch)

Other than that, just gonna keep trying to stay busy and keep on truckin'

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a 1960 Ford Falcon. 428SCJ engine. Straight axle, no shock towers. C-6 and 9in posi.
I just purchased aluminum Edelbrock rpm heads and intake. MSD electronic ignition and distributor. Manley 2.19 intake and 1.75 exhaust valves, Comp 306 mechanical cam, Ross forged pistons rings, springs, retainers, etc. etc.
I am also thinking about building an aluminum block FE 484 ci. engine. With nitrous the 428 should be 700+ hp. and the 484 at 900 hp. My 428 now only has 660 hp. Old slicks and old dual point distributor kept the car from getting into the low 10's. The 484 should put the Falcon in the 9's. I am not sure about doing the 484 because it would cost around $12,000 extra not including the ignition and heads I just purchased. I am not sure I can convince Mrs. Maxtor to spend the extra money.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
My winter project will be to stay warm and of course laugh at Crumm when he is :crumm and :red and :skate and :cold 3 cuz its 80 degrees colder there than it is here.

But seriously now, I want to spend some time on the interior of the '65:sweet, I've got a bike that needs some attention in the primary:rant, and a new house that needs attention in nearly every corner:doh:.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a lot of house projects. At first I was wondering why everyone is doing house projects in the winter. Then I thought that it might be because in the winter time your jobs might be slower and give you more time for the projects. When you are retired, we try to get all the house projects done in the summer. Here our winters are pretty mild compared to most of you. +30 to +32 degrees is a normal low for winter.
I would think doing house projects in below freezing weather would not be fun.

Last edited:

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My winter project will be to stay warm and of course laugh at Crumm when he is :crumm and :red and :skate and :cold 3 cuz its 80 degrees colder there than it is here.

But seriously now, I want to spend some time on the interior of the '65:sweet, I've got a bike that needs some attention in the primary:rant, and a new house that needs attention in nearly every corner:doh:.
I just read an article about a motorcycle X14 that does close to 200 mph.
Sounds suicidal to me.

mwalls54

Tex
Reaction score
post up some pics max of the falcon. Sounds like you piced out a good head/cam/intake combo to make some good power. do you know what the heads flow at?

I havn't decided on what i am going to do this winter. I am either going to do nothing and save money or bring out my land cruiser to kansas from virginia and start rebuilding it and doing a motor swap.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
But seriously now, I want to spend some time on the interior of the '65:sweet, I've got a bike that needs some attention in the primary:rant, and a new house that needs attention in nearly every corner:doh:.[/QUOTE]

Primary chain case is great fun. Adjuster bad, 95? Chain out of alignment? leaks? All of the above?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58