Your Winter Projects

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
post up some pics max of the falcon. Sounds like you piced out a good head/cam/intake combo to make some good power. do you know what the heads flow at?

I havn't decided on what i am going to do this winter. I am either going to do nothing and save money or bring out my land cruiser to kansas from virginia and start rebuilding it and doing a motor swap.

After a Port job from Keith Craft, Intake flow will be around 330 exhaust 180-220 at .600 lift.
I'll post pictures as we go.

The land cruiser project sounds like fun. I hope you start on it. What engine are you going to swap into it?

Last edited:

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
-chop the bike
-rebuild the quads
-put the performance parts ON my truck, rather than look at them next to my toolbox
-buy a house
-get a new job

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
1. Finish painting the trim on the house.
2. Set the foundation for my new amateur radio tower.
3. Fix the damage done by vandals to my late parent's home, which is now my guest house.
4. Detail the Blue Beast.
5. Detail the Clipper Dawg.
6. Move our family business office to the guest house, and turn the office in the main house into an expanded amateur shack.
7. Take some time off and go to the lake with the fiver and recharge.
8. Finish the walls on my steel span building to close it up and make an expanded workshop.
9. Learn Morse Code.
10. Install an APRS system in the Blue Beast.

That should take me through until spring!:D

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
My winter project will be to stay warm and of course laugh at Crumm when he is :crumm and :red and :skate and :cold 3 cuz its 80 degrees colder there than it is here.
You are a really nice guy :bootyshak

I would think doing house projects in below freezing weather would not be fun.
Not fun at all which is why around here they get done during the summer.

This summer - new boiler, new shower in upstairs bathroom, new culvert for driveway, tree thinning and new windows for the living room.

Winter- Finish up project 42' GPW, little work on 76' F250 so I can sell it and Crummy will get axle cover installed-accumulator tank for air bags-Taurus electric fans-front receiver-new aux switches. Along with these projects I work 80 hours a week all winter and try and stay in the house by the fire :sweet

mwalls54

Tex
Reaction score
After a Port job from Keith Craft, Intake flow will be around 330 exhaust 180-220 at .600 lift.

The land cruiser project sounds like fun. I hope you start on it. What engine are you going to swap into it?

well plans might haved chaned over nite. I found another land cruiser on base that is cheap and the old lady loves it so we might just buy it and save me a trip back to va to pick up mine.

When ever i get around to swapping out motors i am going to put a late model GM ls motor in it.

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sure is nice of you to do all that work for me...:clap:

As for me, I will probably treating every day like any other day. It cools a bit here, but to many it is a nice spring day in the deep part of winter.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Primary chain case is great fun. Adjuster bad, 95? Chain out of alignment? leaks? All of the above?

92 XL 1200. Its got a growl in it that it didnt have in it when I tossed the keys to the 17 year old a few months ago.:rant

rondog

oil burner
Reaction score
I plan on getting the tow bar and trailer hitch done on my Chevy LUV 4X4 and taking it and the quads to the desert as much as possible.:sweet

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
92 XL 1200. Its got a growl in it that it didnt have in it when I tossed the keys to the 17 year old a few months ago.:rant

16 years in, it could be a number of things. May not be the youngsters doing. Have you had the door off the tranny off and the gears out at any point? My last Sporty had trans gremlins.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58