ZERO GAS MILEAGE NEED HELP

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
QUOTE=Kleetus;130252]What air cleaner are you running? Stock?[/QUOTE]

I dont know, it's not stock. 04superduty, If you look next to the dip stick, mine is on the chrome air intake next to the dip stick. I dont know where there at on a stock truck should be close. Give it a good cleaning, they get dust and oil on them and it will feel the ecm the wrong info. It's a 5 min cleaning just dont put your fingers on it, just spray it with the MAF cleaner. Undo both batterys when you clean it. (sorry about the way oversize photo that I cant get to go smaller..lol)

russ037.jpg

Last edited:

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't be getting ANY dust or oil on the MAF. If you are, you've got problems that are going to be showing up later. Either the filter was over oiled, or it's junk. It might give great airflow, but if it's passing stuff through it, it's not worth anything. I'm sure Bush will agree with me here. Glad you have it cleaned though. I'd be looking for a different element, or going back to stock.

I've worked on my MAF on my merq I had, and mine got road salt on it from the mechanic not putting the air cleaner back on right after I hit a deer. Got great mileage, but spark rattled and pinged like a mother, and steadily lost power.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont have the stock and I'm not real happy with this air cleaner. But I am looking for a better one and yes the MAF should not get that durty.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58