10.9 is getting old.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...I just ordered the BANKS intake and exhaust today. It is supposed to get at least 2mpgs better. .... I will report back with details.

im curious if BANKS guarantees that or your money back ??? :innocent

I cant wait to hear your experiance & details.

muddobber

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well, I just could not stand it anymore. I have way too much money in this truck to just let it go, so I bought a Toyota Tacoma 4 cylinder to run around in. Did you hear that FORD, I bought a Toyota because your truck is costing me over $7000 a year in fuel. No excuses for the goverment crap that has to go in the exhaust, quit taking your payoff from the oil companys and start making a product American working people can be proud to own. I do like the quality of the Ford, but I like the quality of the Toyota too. I will keep the Ford, again, I just don't see how any of us can afford the 15 to 17 thousand dollar hit in resale if we just let the Dealers steal the trucks back from us. Just give us a fix Ford, and give it too your loyal customers who already have taken a kick in the crotch from the debacule you call a 6.4.

centexkr

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
What kinda mileage figures are you getting out of the
Tacoma. I know the V6 4 doors is rated at 20mpg.

I brought a small Ford sedan to run errands in that dont
require a truck. Its getting 35 on the road. A bud is
looking a Tacoma was wondering how the 4cyl does.

Well, I just could not stand it anymore. I have way too much money in this truck to just let it go, so I bought a Toyota Tacoma 4 cylinder to run around in. Did you hear that FORD, I bought a Toyota because your truck is costing me over $7000 a year in fuel. No excuses for the goverment crap that has to go in the exhaust, quit taking your payoff from the oil companys and start making a product American working people can be proud to own. I do like the quality of the Ford, but I like the quality of the Toyota too. I will keep the Ford, again, I just don't see how any of us can afford the 15 to 17 thousand dollar hit in resale if we just let the Dealers steal the trucks back from us. Just give us a fix Ford, and give it too your loyal customers who already have taken a kick in the crotch from the debacule you call a 6.4.

muddobber

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just got the truck this past week, and its going to take a while to drain the first tank out. 100 miles on the Ford and I was just above a half tank, but this thing has just moved off the Full mark. Will let you know, by the way I have an automatic with the 4 cylinder and access cab or extended cab, 2 wheel drive.

muddobber

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
First tank went 24 mpg. That was just driving around, no long trips. So far I like the truck except the weinie looking wheels on the 2 wheel drive.

centexkr

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Those numbers sure are better than 9. Took the diesel into town on an
errand, filled up on the 8 mile trip back to the house it never went over
9mpg. That was on a 4 lane, cruise, no stops. The mid 20's to low
30's sure are nice to see on the mpg meter

First tank went 24 mpg. That was just driving around, no long trips. So far I like the truck except the weinie looking wheels on the 2 wheel drive.

muddobber

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just so you know I don't hate the Ford, just got back from a trip to Alabama.
Running 76mph to 80mph the truck averaged 15 mpg for 1800 miles. The most impressive part was when I filled up in Northern Alabama at a Shell station. That tank went 16.7 mpg running 80 mile an hour for 368 miles. Shell must have good Diesel. It was nearly 2 mpg more than any other brand(B.P., Flying J and a couple others). Now if I could just find the right kit to delete the DPF chamber, I might actually be a happy Ford owner.

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

cut that DPF off and put an SCT on there. You will get awesome fuel mileage. Its not Fords fault, it is the emision crap.

dennisj2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just so you know I don't hate the Ford, just got back from a trip to Alabama.
Running 76mph to 80mph the truck averaged 15 mpg for 1800 miles. The most impressive part was when I filled up in Northern Alabama at a Shell station. That tank went 16.7 mpg running 80 mile an hour for 368 miles. Shell must have good Diesel. It was nearly 2 mpg more than any other brand(B.P., Flying J and a couple others). Now if I could just find the right kit to delete the DPF chamber, I might actually be a happy Ford owner.

Dont really know for sure myself, but here alot of people say they get better milage from Shell gas and diesel.
Maby I will try it. My 6.0 averages 15 mpg.

TampaDieselFX4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my 6.0 I generally do a slight bit better on Shell diesel. If I'm adding Grey power service then I really don't notice a difference with any brand. 55mph is my best mpg speed. 50-65 is the window of decency. 70-75 is iffy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58