7.3 PSD wont start

blueox

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Found this site trying to troubleshoot my 96 f350 Superduty 7.3l PS.Here the story and any help would be greatly appreciated cause im about to pull out what hair i have left out ! I dont have a code scanner and dont have any access to one .

Leaving for work the other morning I fired up the truck ,Lit a cigarette,snapped the seatbelt and began reaching for the gear shift (5 speed).It died so i turn off the key and turned back on ,waited for the light to go off and restarted.....hit a time or 2 but no start.Still no start after these have been checked.....fuel is full,filter housing is full,fuel press is 60lbs,new cps,new ipr ,#22 fuse is good,all fuses are good.Glowplugs work fine and cycle.It just wont hit at all with no exhaust smoke.No check engine light I need this truck asap for work.It carries all my tools.

Thanks

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Replace the CPS again...............:(

Tbar

blueox

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The tach shows 100-300 rpm while trying to crank would i still need to change it again? It never started after installing the new one?

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
blueox said:
The tach shows 100-300 rpm while trying to crank would i still need to change it again? It never started after installing the new one?

Probably not..............maybe someone else will have another suggestion.

Tbar

blueox

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks anyway Tbar! Im to the point that i'll just about try anything after working on it all day today and spending 400.00+(ford dealerships will kill you) on it and it still wont crank!

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Make sure the tin nut is in place and tight on the back of the IPR. The "no smoke" symptom is a sign of no fuel.

blueox

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Tin nut is in place and tight.No fuel is exactly what we're thinking.Put a small shot of starting fluid in to just see if it would hit and it did.I dont know how to troubleshoot the fuel system any futher.HPOP,icp sensor,or idm is what im looking towards as culprits just not sure how to go about it.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
remove and clean the IPR.another member just had the exact same problem.i almost ended up makeing a trip up to new hampshire to help him.he just bought the truack,drove it home and pulled it into his garage and started to pull the passnegers fender off.he put it back on and tried to start the truck to turn it around to pull the motor and no start.checked everything we could think of,tried new CPS and still no start he pulled the IPR out,took it apart and cleaned,reassembled it and put it back in and the truck fired right up.

oh and welcome to thesite,youll love it here!!:sweet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg