AC Shore Power Plug For Block Heater

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
you dont get water leakes going around the door seal? you know right above where your wires enter,... that black plastic panel... gently pop it off there is a BIG hole behind it that lets you in the cab. i found mine by accident.
the tubing i believe is " convoluted" . I am on it now radio shack inbound this afternoon.
thanks

No water leaks or wind noise going down the highway, either. BUT, you'd better believe I'm checking for that hole behind the black plastic panel. I'd rather not run things through the door but I didn't want to breach the firewall, either. Thanks for the info, Robert. Heading out now to check it out.:thumbs

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
there are also about four rubber plugs on the lower firewall down near where a clutch would pass through and one way down near the body curve and pinch weld,

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
there are also about four rubber plugs on the lower firewall down near where a clutch would pass through and one way down near the body curve and pinch weld,

I found the hole you were talking about. On the next warm day I'm routing all those wires through that hole.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
TexasExcursion said:
Actually, it is that easy. But there were a few precautions taken simply based on the 120V wire.
Speaking of precautions since it is 120V on mine I mounted the light under the license plate right next to the plug. When I plug in the light comes on. Only draw back is you cannot see it from the drivers seat but the cord will just come unplugged if you drive off anyway. I did not want 120V running in the cab.

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
Crumm said:
I did not want 120V running in the cab.

I was a bit concerned as well, but I think the wires are protected well enough that I'll be okay. To be honest, I probably wouldn't have done it (and wouldn't have had the idea to do it) if Ron didn't say it worked well on his former truck.

Guess if my truck burns up I know who to blame....:roflmao :)

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Probably no more danger in the wires that run into the cab as there is in the cord to the heater. There are vehicles up here that burn every winter from chaffed wires to the block heater, oil pan heater, tranny pan heater and battery heaters. Some guys just route the wires any which way and the results are not favorable. I am sure you know better so you will never have a problem.

Reaction score
TexasExcursion said:
I was a bit concerned as well, but I think the wires are protected well enough that I'll be okay. To be honest, I probably wouldn't have done it (and wouldn't have had the idea to do it) if Ron didn't say it worked well on his former truck.

Guess if my truck burns up I know who to blame....:roflmao :)

Hey hey now :dunno - just remember that I'm not the one that ran the wires :eek: -popcorn :D :D

Ran it for 3 years and 80K miles on my 01 with out a single problem. Soon as I get around to it I will also install it on this truck - but crap - I still have other items I bought before the truck even got here that I haven't got installed yet :(

As long as all the wires are installed in a casing - tied and taped off to avoid any rubbing, abrasive action, use gromments where you can - it should never be an issue for concern. Add to that if there was a ground fault the house breaker would blow. I think there would be a greater issue of a melt down with the heater itself than the small current draw for the LED lights.

All in all it does work great - esp for those of us who are not morning people and have to stumble out of the house at 4:30/5 in the morning :p

Ron

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
rgdillon said:
Hey hey now :dunno - just remember that I'm not the one that ran the wires :eek: -popcorn :D :D

You know I was just joking around. :thumbs My wife even commented that she likes the LED and thinks it's a "smart" mod. Like there's such a thing as a dumb mod. :oops: I guess I'm slowly gaining momentum back from giving her a HUGE present for Valentines Day this year.....the MBRP exhaust. I thought it was funny.:dunno

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
TexasExcursion said:
You know I was just joking around. :thumbs My wife even commented that she likes the LED and thinks it's a "smart" mod. Like there's such a thing as a dumb mod. :oops: I guess I'm slowly gaining momentum back from giving her a HUGE present for Valentines Day this year.....the MBRP exhaust. I thought it was funny.:dunno

i did the painted door handles for our birthdays... she likes em.
then an exhaust fell on the truck. :dunno

Smart Mods, yep we need a list of smart mods that are wife approved.:thumbs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58