Amateur radio/scanner stuff...

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Sometimes it's less painful if some else does the roof installs for ya ;)

Bill

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
Sometimes it's less painful if some else does the roof installs for ya ;)

Bill

Yep..............couldn't have done it without your help Bill. :)

Tbar

Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
. . .
For your scanner antenna I recommend a magnet mount or better yet a roof mount(if you don't mind a 3/4" hole)for the best overall performance.Now depending on what frequency bands you listen to the most you can either purchase a multiband or mono band antenna.
. . .

Bill

You know - I picked up this "splitter" for lack of better term that connects between the indash radio and stock truck antenna. I use the Uniden BCT 8 and I can pick up traffic in the 30 to 40 mile away range.
If interested I could do some searching and list where I got it from. Thinking it was under $20 bucks anyway. Works great for me.

Ron

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Ron,what frequencies do you monitor thru the splitter that you receive in that 30-40 mile range out of curiousity? :)

When I start talking multiband,mono band,roof mount,etc terms I'm usually going after frequencies that can be received 100's of miles out :sweet

I'm happy to see others with similar interests in Radio electronics :cool: :cool:

Bill

BROKER

SOUTHBOUND & DOWN
Reaction score
Is there a place online where they give you free scanning frequencies ? The place I had is defunct.

Never be afraid of a few well placed holes in the roof ! :roflmao

CHPMustang

Reaction score
What's your location there Broker(City/County/State) and what are you interested in monitoring as I have a plethora of resources :sweet

Bill

Oboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bill turned me on to the icom IC-2720h duel band radio. I think I paid about 600 for the radio and picked up the antenna and NMO mount off eBay for something like 30 for both. I know this is more than you wonted to spend, but it’s a nice setup. The NMO mount had the coax installed. To date I love this radio and have had no problems with it. The Ham club I joined, there is a lot of ppl that have this radio and also love it. I mounted the antenna to my headache rack and that location is working good for me. See my photos on how I mounted the radio and antenna.
Mark

73's to you.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Oboy said:
Bill turned me on to the icom IC-2720h duel band radio. I think I paid about 600 for the radio and picked up the antenna and NMO mount off eBay for something like 30 for both. I know this is more than you wonted to spend, but it’s a nice setup. The NMO mount had the coax installed. To date I love this radio and have had no problems with it. The Ham club I joined, there is a lot of ppl that have this radio and also love it. I mounted the antenna to my headache rack and that location is working good for me. See my photos on how I mounted the radio and antenna.
Mark

73's to you.

Kool install Mark. Your mirror must be lower than mine. I tried to put my Kenwood D700 over the mirror but it wouldn't fit.

Tbar

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58