Amateur radio/scanner stuff...

Reaction score
Oboy said:
. . . See my photos on how I mounted the radio and antenna.
Mark

73's to you.

Mark,

Which mount did you use to put the panel above the mirror? Already trying to fanagle some play money for the radio ;)

Anniversary present for wife or radio -anniversary present - radio - hmmmmm :oops:

Ron

BROKER

SOUTHBOUND & DOWN
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
What's your location there Broker(City/County/State) and what are you interested in monitoring as I have a plethora of resources :sweet

Bill

I split my time between Exeter NewHampshire ,Juniper New Brunswick and my business is in Peabody MA.

Looking for NH,ME, MA, business channels. Ie concrete dispatch channels from concrete plants.

Thanks.

Oboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rgdillon said:
Mark,

Which mount did you use to put the panel above the mirror? Already trying to fanagle some play money for the radio ;)

Anniversary present for wife or radio -anniversary present - radio - hmmmmm :oops:

Ron

Ron,
I used the one that came with the radio for the head unit. The radio comes with one for the main body and one for the head. I, well, mickeymoused :roflmao the way I mounted it to the headliner. I'm still looking for a better way, but it is working, with the two screws.

Mark

CHPMustang

Reaction score
BROKER said:
Looking for NH,ME, MA, business channels. Ie concrete dispatch channels from concrete plants.
I'll need the specific concrete company names that'll help me find what frequency bands they are on and determine if they are on standard conventional channels and/or trunking systems,the spectrum of possibilities is far too wide but if it's Fire,Police,EMS I can have those in no time :)

Bill

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I didn't get a chance to say Hi to you Rookie but indeed great to see you! :sweet

Mag mounts work fine I just have personal thing against wires on the roof ;) :)

Bill

Last edited:

Rookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the referral. It looks like a great site :thanks . I'm trying to get the nerve up to mount the antenna on the roof. The magmount was a quick fix for my handheld cause of the area I work in. The hand held antenna just wouldn't get out and hit the repeater we use.
Ron

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Rookie said:
Thanks for the referral. It looks like a great site :thanks . I'm trying to get the nerve up to mount the antenna on the roof. The magmount was a quick fix for my handheld cause of the area I work in. The hand held antenna just wouldn't get out and hit the repeater we use.
Ron
Ron have you tried an external RF amplifier to help hit the local machines a little better? You can install em outta sight outta mind if that's the area you work in ;)

And you're welcome for the invite,I prefer to call the new place a "Community" rather than just "another site" :sweet

Bill

BROKER

SOUTHBOUND & DOWN
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
I'll need the specific concrete company names that'll help me find what frequency bands they are on and determine if they are on standard conventional channels and/or trunking systems,the spectrum of possibilities is far too wide but if it's Fire,Police,EMS I can have those in no time :)

Bill

JG Maclellan Concrete
Red T Mix
AGGREGATE
Georgetown concrete
Rowley redy mix

Thanks

CHPMustang

Reaction score
152.2850 BRAATEN AGGREGATE INC
157.5450 BRAATEN AGGREGATE INC
31.8800 ROWLEY READY MIX INC
I cannot guarantee the accuracy of the above freqs as that's all I could locate.
The other companies are probably on trunked radio systems thus why I don't have anything on em ;)

Bill

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64