automatic window switch

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
did a search on this site, but came up with nothing. i was wondering if i was to change the other 3 window switchs on the driver's side door panel, to an automatic switch like the driver's window, would it work? or could you do it, but need to add some extra wiring?

just thought it would be a good mod to do, since most of your high end cars like volvo, bmw, merc. benz all have automatic window switches on the driver's side. just push it down and let go, and the window keeps coming down.

acjjkamp

Blitz and Harley
Reaction score
from what i've read on some other sites, yes you can. the drivers switch is a momentary switch, which means that it get a constant signal at the click.
no extra wires. havent done it myself yet, but it's on the list to do

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
if you do it, i want part numbers and etails, i think it would be great, vw tdi have em like that one touch all four at the drivers door.
very nice

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
i will check on it today, would like to find some at a junk yard or something if possible. they probably would want to sell you the whole panel instead of one little switch.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
i will check on it today, would like to find some at a junk yard or something if possible. they probably would want to sell you the whole panel instead of one little switch.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
bushpilot said:
I understood this was all done in the PCM not at the switch.

ithink bushpilot maybe right on this one. i took mine apart and there is one plug that goes into the 4 window switches box. i took that apart and there is one computer board that connects to the plug. and the switches them selves are all made into one housing. unless somebody knows something about this mod, it doesn't look like it would work.:dunno

acjjkamp

Blitz and Harley
Reaction score
is it possible to hook the other 3 switches wires to the PCB?
Can you get pics? i might be able to get one our elecrical engineers to figure somehing out

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
acjjkamp said:
is it possible to hook the other 3 switches wires to the PCB?
Can you get pics? i might be able to get one our elecrical engineers to figure somehing out

ok. tell me what PCB is? it was one plug that contained all the wires for the switches that connected to the circuit board. i'll takes some pics tomorrow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58