BIG MPG'S w/HeAtInG OiL

Status
Not open for further replies.

MONSTERPLOW

Cloud Booster 500HP
Reaction score
Bush I have said this befor in other threads. There are TWO DIFFERENT FUELS #2 high supher HEATING OIL and USLD diesel in clear(taxed) dyed (not taxed). If anybody thinks I am wrong remember I deal with the stuff every day I am the fuel truck driver.

There are 4 different fuels at the rack , although 2 come out of the same pipe. ULSDF & off road CLEAR . There is #2 heating oil (1993)DYED , off-road DYED, off-road CLEAR AND ULSD .
yes ...there is such a product as off-road clear. Being at the RACK Buff , how-a-bout-it?

93turbo_animal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All our fuel at work is ULSD. Comes straight out of the truck and we add the dye even. Same truck fills up the red tanks and the green tanks.

don't matter if it comes out of the same truck most have atleast 5 different compartments and can haul 5 different fuels

Buffs F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are 4 different fuels at the rack , although 2 come out of the same pipe. ULSDF & off road CLEAR . There is #2 heating oil (1993)DYED , off-road DYED, off-road CLEAR AND ULSD .
yes ...there is such a product as off-road clear. Being at the RACK Buff , how-a-bout-it?

There is no such thing as off-road clear because clear can be used in anything. All off road fuel is "supposed" to to have the dye injected at the rack. Most refinaries store fuel undyed so thay only have to store two products high sulpher and ultra low sulpher. To be clear #2 fuel placarded for shipping as 1993 is heating oil (DYED), off road usld (DYED) and on road usld (NOT DYED). Also labled as placared 1993 for shipping is #1 fuel aka kerosene and that can also be clear(taxed) and red (not taxed).

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
An interesting thread, showing feats of urinary competition rarely seen on this forum.

And all about an activity that will get you a heavy fine if you are caught. Running dyed diesel isn't smart unless there is no other fuel available (example, after Katrina when the EPA gave a blanket exemption for dyed fuel use for 90 days).

Do the authorities check? I've been checked twice since I bought the truck. Occasionally the Florida DOT officers put up signs at weigh stations requiring rental trucks, trailers, pickups, and diesel vehicles to enter. They check for homeland security issues and fuel violations.

Save 45 cents a gallon by using dyed diesel, and take a chance of a four figure fine? No thanks. As for the lubrication properties of higher sulfur diesel, I'd rather use the little bottles of two cycle oil you can get at Wally World.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
Compatmental tankers are used for gasoline

you really dont know much about liquid transfer, as much as you would love to pretend to. riddle me this mplow: how would a tanker go about cross-dropping at a station, if the compartments were ONLY for gasoline???

in a tanker you can have loaded at the same time several different fuels.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Compartmental tankers are used for gasoline.

and for every other liquid under the sun including Diesel and Heating Oil.

Save 45 cents a gallon by using dyed diesel, and take a chance of a four figure fine? No thanks.
Thats my take on it. My heating oil is not dyed as they don't use the dye up here in Alaska. Even though my Heating oil is clear and I even have a pump that will pull it right out of my 1000 gallon house tank or either one of my 500 gallon shop tanks I will not use it in my truck. I like living with a clear conscience. I think taxes are out of hand but that does not make it right to cheat on them. There is nothing I hate worse than a thief.

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow... that's an interesting take on it. You hate a thief, but yet you'll support it? This is probably going to come across way worse than I intended it to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58