Bilstien help

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
see, there you go, i was gonna give you a lifetime warranty that something was to fail if i did it for you...:lmao:lmao:sly

bern: for giggles i will take the link, thro it to me in a pm if you can

hey midwest: yeah, i still have not done anyting w/ the level lift yet either. trying to sock away green for the landscaping around the house. been dirt for about 14 months now. wife and neighbors giving me a hard time. so the truck gets neglected for now.:doh: just maybe, maybe i could scrounge up some dough for truck parts. but the list is long tho:dizzy

Last edited:

MidwestOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GENERAL WARRANTY DETAILS
ThyssenKrupp Bilstein of America warrants its gas pressure shock absorbers against defects in workmanship and materials for as long as you, the original purchaser, own your car.

If at any time after purchase or installation, the shock malfunctions and Bilstein determines it to be defective, we will either replace it or repair it.

There are only a few specific exceptions to this warranty. They include:

* original equipment shock absorbers - which are warrantied by the original equipment manufacturer.
* improper installation,
* racing, driving competition or off-road use,
* use on modified or other than Bilstein-recommended vehicles.
* Bent or Broken Rods showing abuse or abnormal wear

Bilstein's liability for a defective shock absorber is limited to replacement of shock with a new or reconditioned Bilstein shock absorber. Rubber mounting hardware and labor charges are not covered by the warranty.

Note: Other exclusions may or may not apply in certain states or rare circumstances. Proof of purchase is required to process warranty.

For additional information about our warranty, please contact our Warranty Hotline by phone at 1(800) 370-9522 or email at [email protected].
---------------------------------------------------------------
LIMITED 90 DAY WARRANTY DETAILS
Applies to 9300 / 9100 / 7100 / 6100 / 5150 / 5125 Series

Bilstein warrants to the original retail purchaser that, for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of purchase, this product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship. Any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness or fitness for particular purpose, except as may be prohibited by applicable law, is likewise limited in duration to ninety (90) days from the date of original retail purchase. Some States do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts so the above limitation may not apply to you.

This warranty is non-transferable and does not cover normal wear and tear or any other loss, liability or damage resulting from improper alteration, disassembly, handling,installation, service, repair or use of this product. Should this product fail as a result of a defect in materials or workmanship within the warranty period, contact Bilstein's Customer Service Department by telephone at 1-800-537-1085, or in writing at ThyssenKrupp Bilstein of America 14102 Stowe Drive, Poway, California, 92064, for repair or replacement at Manufacturer's option. DO NOT RETURN THIS PRODUCT TO THE PLACE OF PURCHASE.

Repair or replacement as provided by this warranty is customer's sole and exclusive remedy in the event of a product failure. Manufacturer shall not be liable for any incidental, consequential or other damages resulting from the disassembly, handling, installation, service, repair or use of this product. Some States do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.

This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from State to State.
---------------------------------------------------------------
CONDITION ACTION RETURN PROCEDURES

When a shock has been determined defective, or if more sophisticated testing seems necessary, include note describing problem and return the shock to Bilstein for warranty evaluation.

For prompt replacement or evaluation, you must include the following:

1. All originally supplied mounting parts.
2. A copy of customer's proof of purchase.
CONDITION ACTION
Coating of film on shock body or piston rod. A completely normal occurrence, not defective No replacement necessary Compression depth seems off--check by fully compressing shock and comparing distance "x" to that of a new shock, same part number. If variance between old and new shock exceeds 3/8" (10mm), old shock is defective. Exception: Strut cartridges must compress to their internal bumpstop. Include note describing problem, return for immediate replacement.
Signs of abuse, improper installation, broken or bent rods, collision damage or modification. Also, shocks used for racing or in race cars. No replacement possible--Warranty has been invalidated. Clicking noise, plus pronounced endplay--when piston rod is held downwards, compressed halfway, then quickly moved up and down an inch or so in each direction. Include note describing problem, return for immediate replacement.
Unbroken piston rod is separated from shock body. Include note describing problem, return for immediate replacement.

JRJ04

Reaction score
just installed mine a few hours ago. on the back, the boot is facing down and on the front, the boots are facing up. i tried putting them down on the front but there was NO WAY the shock would fit that way with the top bolt having some sort of spacer on it.

Either way, i can read all the labels and the truck does seem to ride a bit better. Maybe a little on the stiff side?

MidwestOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
which ones the blue and yellow ones or the nickle plated ones.

either way install so you can read the label normally.

F350CCFX4

Smokin Bye
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but I just put mine on and the rear blue is down and front blue is down. Have to pay attention to where the rubber and metal sleeves are on each end to know which way they go. All Stickers are readable. Heading out now for the first trip with them on.

MidwestOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I missed this but the top mount on the rear and in the front do not require the steel sleeve in the bushing the bottom does need the bushing since it has a bolt to mount it.

if the top does not go on check the mount to be surre the sleve from the old shock didnt come out.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
the edelbrocks i put on from bama came w/ stickers on them w/ arrows for direction of installation.... see photo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg