Black coolant

albran

Very Junior Member
Reaction score
no the motor was cold. I ended up taking the truck and my fifth wheel up to the Ford dealer for loaded coolant pressure test the coolant system was getting up to 25psi the tech said it was the egr cooler but it the coolers fail because of the head gaskets he suggested changing the head gaskets, egr cooler, oil cooler,coolant system flush, and an oil change since the truck is just out of warranty (warranty ended on 2/28/09)the total repair would be about $4100 I asked if they would stud the head and by pass the egr cooler?? he said no way on the bypass but if I bring him the studs the he will install them at no charge

Check your warranty.
Most, if not all (especially the head gaskets) will be covered by the 6.0 100,000 warranty.

ab

4x4grey88

Nascar Fan #88
Reaction score
Starting next year, just like gas rigs. That is what I have heard. California Smog Checks - Emissions Regulations, CA Smog Testing Stations - DMV.ORGDave
The link does not indicate that diesels will be needing smog test.

1) Required Smog Inspections

The California DMV will mail you a registration renewal notice telling you whether you are required to get your vehicle smogged; it will also tell you if your vehicle requires a smog check at a test-only station.

Exceptions include:

* Vehicles made in 1975 or prior

* Diesel-powered vehicles

* Electric vehicles

* Natural gas powered vehicles weighing more than 14,000 pounds

* Hybrids

* Motorcycles

* Trailers

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
Do you have more information on this?

I recently purchased a diesel to get away from all that smog cr@p. I believe in a clean environment but not at the cost of having to smog my vehicle at some rip-off shop.

I have seen portable monitor (trailers) that monitor for the gross polluters. They can use them and ticket the violators instead of the every two years requirements.

CT has been doing it for quite some time now. im very surprised california wasnt first to be doing it!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I don't get what you're trying to relay DaveBen. I had to read all that link trying to find something about having to smog our rigs next year? It had nothing to say about this. Did I miss something??

Looks like I messed something. I could have sworn that I had read that California was going to start Diesel Truck smog inspection in 2010. I am wrong, I guess. :dunno

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58