Question Block heater cord

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
yooper-

sorry, i should have been clearer....i meant my post relating to the cord - as in i forgot to unplug it and drove away today....:doh:

:eek: That's why I drape the extension cord attached to mine over the driver's outside mirror. :sweet I may not be fully awake at dawn but how can I miss an orange extension cord? :D

majek5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The neutral should have ribs running parallel along the cord, whereas the hot does not(smooth). The ground is in the middle.

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
Last edited:

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
You might consider: Marinco 20amp recepticle.

It'll accept a standard 20 amp cord plus it's weather resistant so it is better protected against wintertime corrosisive elements.

on edit: I now see the link for the same item from a marine vendor. Consider mine as another vote for the same solution.

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
update. the plug inlets at the marina are HUGE I would have to spend way too much on a hole saw to install. So I found this instead Pollak Heavy-Duty, 4-Pole, Round Pin Socket, Concealed Terminals - Chrome - Vehicle End Pollak PK11410 Its chrome plated and much smaller, also spring loaded so it automatically closes its self if I forget to unplug myself.

Ill have to do a little wiring to get it in there but thanks for the neutral wire recognition help!!!

Good alternative idea... BUT.. will the [pin size] and [insulation], handle the 1200+ A/C Watts ? And the A/C Amps ?

Just something to consider first, if you hadn't already.... from a 12v D/C trailor plug :dunno

Joe

Last edited:

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Good alternative idea... BUT.. will the [pin size] and [insulation], handle the 1200+ Watts ? And the Amps ?

Just something to consider first, if you hadn't already :dunno

Joe

The Pollack connector is meant for 12v trailer wiring. When I was selling RV parts, I had a lot of Harley riders picking them up for wiring their bikes to tow small trailers behind.

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Pollack connector is meant for 12v trailer wiring. When I was selling RV parts, I had a lot of Harley riders picking them up for wiring their bikes to tow small trailers behind.

;tu TG.

With all the posts we've had about Lugs & Plugs melting/burning out.. thought it was worth a mention.

Joe

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score

So I did buy the pollack 4 plug, but in person I do see that the terminals and the part of the plug where you attached the wires are very small. I dont think it can handle the power going to the block heater. I did check out the outlet from west marine, but that thing is huge! and also black and plastic with a rubber cover. So I dont think it looks to good.

If anyone has done this please chime in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14