Question Block heater cord

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
OK so now the heater element is not giving me a ohm reading so I think its shot. Since I have the extra heater element I need to switch them out. You guys have any idea on how much coolant I am going to loose? and maybe any pointers before I get this under way?

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
OK so now the heater element is not giving me a ohm reading so I think its shot. Since I have the extra heater element I need to switch them out. You guys have any idea on how much coolant I am going to loose? and maybe any pointers before I get this under way?

Depends how quick you are with getting the new one in the hole. I don't think will lose more the a few quarts if you are quick enough.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
what you want is not available at ACE..
you need to go to a marina and get a shore power outlet receptacle and plug.. (someone here did this? Barrett (a.k.a Architect-builder)?
IIRC they are spring loaded so they bust out the windows in the garage if you forget to unplug.
It's available at my local ACE Hardware, but then again my local ACE has a RV and marine department. Look for a 30 amp Marinco AC fitting. They aren't cheap at nearly $75 for one end, and they AREN'T spring loaded, they're twist to lock.

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
Depends how quick you are with getting the new one in the hole. I don't think will lose more the a few quarts if you are quick enough.

Thanks Yooper! I remembered from installing the coolant filter that you can leave the coolant system alone and it kinda has like a vacuum in the system making the water glug when it comes out. So just like Indiana Jones I switched that plug out in one glug. I probably lost less than 12oz. Of course all 12 landed on me. Thankfully its 41 out today :rolleyes:

Now on to the bumper mounted plug that I have been putting off for however many years.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Yooper! I remembered from installing the coolant filter that you can leave the coolant system alone and it kinda has like a vacuum in the system making the water glug when it comes out. So just like Indiana Jones I switched that plug out in one glug. I probably lost less than 12oz. [Of course all 12 landed on me.] Thankfully its 41 out today :rolleyes:

Now on to the bumper mounted plug that I have been putting off for however many years.

Ahhh.. the Joys of being a MotorHead. Ever now'n then.. I jus' feel the need.. to be under my truck.. with sum sort of liquid.. run'n down, passed my elbow.. and inta my Armpit.

;):D

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
1200 Watts divided by 120volts is 10 amps.

so the 20amp Marinco plug is more than adequate.
True, but the 30 amp Marinco is easier to find. I've seen 30 amp and 50 amp, but I haven't seen a 20 amp in any of the stores I frequent.:dunno

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can buy a 20amp plug for the end of the Ext. cord (Cheaper too).. file a grove in that third lug so it will interface with the 30amp Marinco receptical, on the truck. :dunno

Joe

Don't ask me how I knew that :sly:innocent

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58