Question Block heater cord

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
Do not do this

You will burn your truck and house down if you do this!!!!

So against everyone's (and I mean everyone) advice. I went ahead and installed a 4 pole Pollack plug in the bumper. It went in awesome! RV sealed everything and even made a short extension cord into a pollack plug so I can carry it in the truck with me. It was 50* out here yesterday and I plugged it in trying to feel some heat from the pins but there was no heat at all. The bumper works as a good heat sink, so I guess the only way I can tell for sure if its efficient is with a meter. But I like the way it looks and I like how I don't have to reach under a salty truck anymore. Kinda wanted to troll a bit here to see what you all think. :innocent

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to Apply to Obama for your $ 7500.00 Vote rebate now that your truck has a plug-in-on it. You now have a Green Truck. LOL
Doug

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What I want to get and wire in on my truck is the "shoreline" connector from an Ambulance/Fire Truck. The ones on the back of our Ambulances have a "plunger" in between the two blades of the cord, when you start the engine, the plunger is energized and it literally spits the cord out of the plug, and the little door closes over the plug.... on the new Ambulances it is strong enough, you can hear the cord hit the wall behind the truck......

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I want to get and wire in on my truck is the "shoreline" connector from an Ambulance/Fire Truck. The ones on the back of our Ambulances have a "plunger" in between the two blades of the cord, when you start the engine, the plunger is energized and it literally spits the cord out of the plug, and the little door closes over the plug.... on the new Ambulances it is strong enough, you can hear the cord hit the wall behind the truck......

Now you're talking! :sweet

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
You need to Apply to Obama for your $ 7500.00 Vote rebate now that your truck has a plug-in-on it. You now have a Green Truck. LOL
Doug

:lmao:lmao

now thats cool!

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
You will burn your truck and house down if you do this!!!!

So against everyone's (and I mean everyone) advice. I went ahead and installed a 4 pole Pollack plug in the bumper. It went in awesome! RV sealed everything and even made a short extension cord into a pollack plug so I can carry it in the truck with me. It was 50* out here yesterday and I plugged it in trying to feel some heat from the pins but there was no heat at all. The bumper works as a good heat sink, so I guess the only way I can tell for sure if its efficient is with a meter. But I like the way it looks and I like how I don't have to reach under a salty truck anymore. Kinda wanted to troll a bit here to see what you all think. :innocent

I think your reflection in the bumper makes you look like you have "Hammer Pants" on...

oh, wait.. the plug.. yeah! Good idea!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58