Cat or Muffler delete ?

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AFE not MBRP

I ordered my cat delete from DPPI about a month ago, and got it seven days later. It is resting comfortably in the garage until I am able to install it without injuring my hip. Should be soon.
BTW Dppi told me that the pipe is not an mbrp, but it is a afe because they say the afe fits the stock system without modification. Per JW at DPPI

What happened to the "I don't know" icon? I could have used it here.

bendog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I didnt know that some wouldnt fit but guess its okay cause I got the afe 3.5. Got the pipe yesterday but the truck is still at the body shop. Jacknifed my trailer in the snow (close one too). Body shop said 3 or 4 days, this has been the longest 3 or 4 days of my life (8 days and counting).

bern rattler

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
AFE or MBRP

I think the difference is the AFE is flared for the exhaust donut that is required to mate the CDP to the stock downpipe. The MPRB has a flat flange like headers that matches up with the MPRB downpipe. Bushmaster, how did you get yours to work? I'm just interested because I have a friend that has a MBRP CDP in his shed he says I can have if it would fit.

bendog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put AFE in today, fit well, easy install, except the bolts that came with the CDP werent long enough to reach the nuts. I had some bolts that worked so it was ok. Drank too many beers to drive the truck tonight so Ill let you all know what (if anything) I notice tomorrow. I started it with the cat out, sounded awesome, but there was a loud suond like something against a fan didnt hear it up under the hood but it was loud under the truck. After the Cat Delete Pipe was in the sound was quiet enough that I thought I might not have noticed it before. Any ideas? By the way the truck is totally stock otherwise so the AFEcat delete pipe will go in with no B.S.

Last edited:

John Boucher

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I put mine on yesterday, I agree about the bolts need to a bit longer. I really here the turbo now. :sweet

bendog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didnt notice any real difference driving it, the turbo is a bit louder (wish it was like the semi truck on the freeway) . Did it for the cooler EGT.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58