CCV mod question

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now I have two of the filters in the canister. Dont quite know how to explain it. The filters are rectangle and I rolled two of them up from long side to long side:dunno and stuffed them into the canister, so I probably got 1/2" of filter media (they are 1/4" thick). You think I should cut a bunch of circles and stack them into the canister?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now I have two of the filters in the canister. Dont quite know how to explain it. The filters are rectangle and I rolled two of them up from long side to long side:dunno and stuffed them into the canister, so I probably got 1/2" of filter media (they are 1/4" thick). You think I should cut a bunch of circles and stack them into the canister?

I did what you did, initially.. Didnt feel fuzzy with it, thought it might be to tight/restrictive.

I cut the disks, stacked'm, then poked a LONG wire tie down thru the disks, then back up (in a loop).. so I can pull the whole works out.. to clean'm..:dunno

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did what you did, initially.. Didnt feel fuzzy with it, thought it might be to tight/restrictive.

I cut the disks, stacked'm, then poked a LONG wire tie down thru the disks, then back up (in a loop).. so I can pull the whole works out.. to clean'm..:dunno
Thanks! I like the idea of the wire tie through them!

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
The kit that I bought, the maker said it make take about 10,000 miles or a couple of oil changes before you actually get anything out of the canister.

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The kit that I bought, the maker said it make take about 10,000 miles or a couple of oil changes before you actually get anything out of the canister.
My main thing is to just check out how they are seated in there. But, Hey Bama, how ya been? Still got your truck?

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my nice invention for my CCV filters gotta go! Gotta make room on the frame for my prefilter after I do the in-tank mods! I checked it today and it looks like its doing its job of catching the oil vapors. It had two spots at the inlet and outlet and the whole filter was kinda discolored. Looks like its back to the drawing board.:dunno Cause theres really not enough room on the frame anywhere else for it. Still got one more idea and thats too make a bracket to hold the fuel filter and it. Cant really explain it but if it works i'll post a pic.

dpantazis

Reaction score
never mind the fact that its illegal to tamper with the emissions.

blowing it into the atmosphere stinks, wastes oil, and pollutes the environment. you might as well just pour your used oil down the sewer with that attitude. not to mention that you can suck unfiltered air into the engine, or worse yet, soot laden exhaust.

the racor is first class. the mann is half the price.

JRJ04

Reaction score
never mind the fact that its illegal to tamper with the emissions.

blowing it into the atmosphere stinks, wastes oil, and pollutes the environment. you might as well just pour your used oil down the sewer with that attitude. not to mention that you can suck unfiltered air into the engine, or worse yet, soot laden exhaust.

the racor is first class. the mann is half the price.

wouldnt installing a racor system be considered tampering with emissions?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58