CCV mod question

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Well, you are collecting the oily residue, therefore you are not dumping it into the atmosphere.

You are merely just re-routing it to a collection tank, so you then have the ability to collect the oil and either return it to the CC, or dump it into a bucket for proper disposal.

JRJ04

Reaction score
how likely is it that you can suck bad air back into your engine? I couldnt understand that happening if it were welded into the exhaust, but what about if it goes out to the atmosphere?

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wouldnt installing a racor system be considered tampering with emissions?

it would be if 1) you didnt catch the oil or 2) re-circ the crank case
pressures/air BACK into the engine.

since the racor and mann systems DO NOT vent the oil/mist or AIR
to the atmosphere they are EPA compliant.

how likely is it that you can suck bad air back into your engine? I couldnt understand that happening if it were welded into the exhaust, but what about if it goes out to the atmosphere?

EVERY TIME you let off the throttle your NOT pushing air out of
the engine (CCV/PVC) never lift off the throttle and you wont have
to worry about negative pressure.

if the ccv vent "tube" doesnt have a filter on the end of it or its
OPEN to the atmosphere you run the risk of SUCKING dirt in the tube.

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the price of that Racor I can afford to replace a few seals if they crap out!! :DMy invention is working just fine, just gotta move it. Like I said when I pulled the filters everything seemed to be on the up and up. Had two little circles where the inlet and outlets are that had oily residue on them.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the price of that Racor I can afford to replace a few seals if they crap out!! :DMy invention is working just fine, just gotta move it. Like I said when I pulled the filters everything seemed to be on the up and up. Had two little circles where the inlet and outlets are that had oily residue on them.

;tu

JRJ04

Reaction score
Something I just thought of...If there is the concern that one could be sucking dirty air back into their intake by having the ccv flow out into the atmosphere or into the exhaust, what if you were to do either or those, but have an in-line filter in place?

That would certainly simplify things in terms of having to build/buy a canister to catch it all. What do you all think? Pro's? Cons?:dunno:confused:

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess it would all depend on how well the inline filter would flow and finding one that would'nt restrict it. Like I said I put a brass fitting in the end of my hose to start with that had a screen/filter in the end of it and it restricted the flow to much. Not real sure what type of inline filter you'd be going. I got lucky and didnt blow any seals while I had the brass filter in mine.

JRJ04

Reaction score
I was thinking basically the same type of filter that you created with the scotch pads. Come to think of it, I guess I would still build the canister, but just not have to mess with running a return line. That shouldnt be too restrictive? Or would it be better just to run the whole setup?

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What exactly are you trying to do? If its get rid of the fumes smell I doubt that running it through the filter and then dumping to the air will do that. I used HVAC vent filters that I got from Lowes. They were like $4 for a pack of 25, I think. My purpose for doing this was because I got tired of the fumes!

JRJ04

Reaction score
I was just thinking of a way to eliminate the need to have a return line go back into the intake. And i did mean the kind of filters you were talking about, not the scotch pads. That way i could just put a piece of 4 inch pipe straight off of my intake into the turbo.

How much money would you say you ended up spending on the entire setup, pvc, filters, pipes, clamps etc from start to finish?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58