Cold...........

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
Yeah that pretty much sums up Whiterock Lake. As to why run in the sleet, I am training for my 3rd Marathon and have a schedule to keep. I ran in worse temperatures last year during training. I usually push my 20 month old son in a jogging stroller that will fully enclose, but he got a pass today and went to G-ma's house. Whitrock is a ways from Wylie, but the running trails are nice and they are constantly improving them w/ new surface and bridges. One thing the city of Dallas has done right.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
nice to hear it hasnt changed
drug dealers and hookers abound.
still a nice place for a picnic.

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
Well its 12* F right now, windchill's like -5* F or somthing and SNOWING, they say we may get 7 inches by the morning. It was 4* this morning, pluggin in all night helps but remote start sure would be nice right now. I'm getting ready to leave work and drive with our crazy drivers. Wish me luck :drive

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Big K said:
Looks like everything is shutting down around here!!!!

I am sitting at home now :D
You gonna run the truck out into the field again this winter Kev :D ;)

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
You should move up here where it is summer year around:roflmao . It warmed up to 30 above today, warmest we have seen in a month. Was -30 a few days ago so we are now 60 degrees warmer. It was -50 up North two days ago and yesterday it warmed up to -10 which brought on the wind so now the visibility is Zero. Life in the arctic...

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
23 degrees right now and nothing but ice falling out of the sky........................:dunno

Tbar

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
I can see ice on my street thru the window. Schools are delayed 2 hours this morning. Its only going to hit 32 degrees today, what's the point in the delay?
Oh well, this should be funny. Last night coming home from picking up some firewood, the was a lady sideways on the 6 lane 45mph road thru town. She was scraping here window. I guess her heater didn't work, and she thought that would be a great place to clean a window. I was going to help, but she no speaky da english, and decided that was deserved for driving w/o a heater so why risk my life.:dunno

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
I made it in to work through the mahem. Actually the roads from Wylie to Garland and in Garland are a joke. The bridges had minimal ice, nothing to concern yourself with though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58