Cuz its Asked So often, MPG

Your Mileage May Vary Depending on Foot weight

• Total voters

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Normally on the highway I get ~18.5-19 mpg and around town between 15-16 mpg, but with the Tymar intake and 4" MBRP exhaust (2K2 PSD, manual everything) I should get ~20-21 mpg on the interstate and 16-17 around town, but that's just a SWAG.:thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
You guys are funny:D :D
turned 8700 miles this morning
I honestly think my clicker is wrong, its only 60 miles round trip everyday:eek:
it sure does add up fast
but its a fun FAST

rray32539 said:
Powerboater, at the rate you drive, you'll be out of warranty on that engine anyway soon, so installing a tuner and taking a "chance of voiding your warranty" probably will be a moot point, right?

kiarasue

The RamSmoker
Reaction score
MPG

Either a bunch of people failed math or are in serious denile!! I have been put'n a sharp pencil to my figures for months now. This fuel is kill'n me. I started using my autostik conversion for intown driving. I does work keeping the rpm's as low as possible. I'm up 1.5mpg to 19.3 in rural driving.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
kiarasue said:
Either a bunch of people failed math or are in serious denile!! I have been put'n a sharp pencil to my figures for months now. This fuel is kill'n me. I started using my autostik conversion for intown driving. I does work keeping the rpm's as low as possible. I'm up 1.5mpg to 19.3 in rural driving.

do you have the v10 ex?

my intown mpg has taken a turn for the less the last few weeks since it got COLD
down to 15 city this is a 10 or so mile run at 65 and a ten- twelve mile run at 45-50
to work then a 10-12 or so mile run at 45-50 with some HARD accelerating at the shrt cuts, then a 10 mile or so at 65-70 with a hill climb of 612 feet in 1.8 miles holding 65 or so pulling lots O boost

DavidJ

DavidJ
Reaction score
I'm still at 13.6 according to the trip computer, but it also said the last time I filled up I had 613 mile until empty? When the fuel light came on I looked at the computer and it said I still had 112 miles left until empty? Is some new kind of math? I have to account for the 35" tires and gearing still at 3.73 which is probably screwing it up. Got to get some 4.10's!

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So,
we're mixing in all types ? 7.3's, 6.0's, V10's, Short bed SD, Excursions, etc..... what about the motorcycles and other cars ?!? :)

Too variable a range to get any meaningful trends ...
but it's a fun post to fill up bandwidth :)

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
JohnBoyToo said:
So,
we're mixing in all types ? 7.3's, 6.0's, V10's, Short bed SD, Excursions, etc..... what about the motorcycles and other cars ?!? :)

Too variable a range to get any meaningful trends ...
but it's a fun post to fill up bandwidth :)
Naw... My original intent was for the boobs... but if there were exceptions then some could look at the respondance sig to get a clue as to what they were talking about

tubzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine is Hi-way Between 16-19 not Hi-way at or Greater than 22.some how i screwed that up

s d mills

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rural/city and on the big roads; with or without a shell, or whether or not I'm towing a loaded 7K trailer, at every fueling I come up with 15 mpg. I've only had this wonderful, gives-me-wood every time I even think about it truck for a month, but have put 3.4K miles on it and am doing my first service on it this weekend.

Is this mileage weird or not? I have a theory.....I'll spare you.

Great site. Nice to be where there's no drama for a change, and I promise I didn't drop breadcrumbs behind me.:D

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58