Diesel $1.10 more then RUG

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
i think today when i fillup i will walk in ask for a big kiss, since i just gto Screwed at the pump, maybe a little tongue action or something:roflmao :roflmao

KansasDiesel

fly'n low on WVO
Reaction score
BIG JOE said:
Whats REALLY hard, for us "ol Guyz to swallow is: I can clearly remember fill'n up my Fitythree Chebby (with a split manifold, drilled out Stromberg, Fuzzy dice and Re-verb), hand'n the >Attendant< (in a Mobil iniform) a 10 Dollor bill and git'n 6 bucks & change back... Thats AFTER he washed the Windshield and checked my oil :eek: :eek:

I think of that, EVERY TIME I pay $3.00 a gallon... At The Pump.

Change is a Given, but 3 bucks a gallon is a :censored: RIP OFF

JOE

GAS WARs, 'member them ? anybody ??

$3.00 a gallon, wow we are at $3.59 a gallon for diesel

Yep I remember gas wars. Even though I was a lot younger....

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
$3.69 this morning. There is a guy here who sells deisel for 2.99 because the old sign he has only go's up that far. Hopefully he wont figure out that he could buy a new sign instead of loosing money. LOL

threejacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bigdaddyTank said:
$3.69 this morning. There is a guy here who sells deisel for 2.99 because the old sign he has only go's up that far. Hopefully he wont figure out that he could buy a new sign instead of loosing money. LOL

When Wally World went over $3.00 a gallon here they just took thier sign completely down. You have to drive up to the pump just to see how overpriced it is. RUG today $2.519 Diesel $3.199.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
KansasDiesel said:
Educate me then 95_stroker, what is diesel and why other then the oil compaines wanting to make bigger profits is it more expensive then RUG?:dunno

It did help to vent a little :D
Why is diesel so expensive?

Less diesel is available in U.S.:

Europe has less exportable diesel for the United States because its vehicles use mostly diesel.
China uses more diesel for electricity.
Hurricanes Katrina and Rita knocked out 14 refineries, which produced about 15 percent of the country's oil. Seven have since been restored.
The nation's appetite has grown:

The U.S. makes 3.8 million barrels of diesel per day and consumes 4 million barrels of diesel per day.
Year-round, the U.S. mostly uses diesel for trucking, but cold months burden the supply when it is needed for heating, farming and in airplane fuel.
Electric companies use diesel because it emits less sulfur. The colder the winter, the more diesel used.
Source: The Energy Information Administration

KansasDiesel

fly'n low on WVO
Reaction score
bigdaddyTank said:
Hi Big Daddy, where have you seen that price? I am heading to MO tonight and will see what it is in Harrisonville, usuall a lot cheaper then in town.:cowboy:

Tennessee Titan

Eddie Henson
Reaction score
Hi guys,
In the Memphis area, prices range from a low of 3.01 to a high of $3.49 for diesel. Just depends on what part of town you're in. It's really hitting hard on the wallet these days. When I bought my excursion 2 1/2 years ago, the price of diesel was right at a $1/gal. I think we better get used to it, I don't think we'll ever see $2/gal again.

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
I filled today.... first time ever Spending 126.01 for fuel on a Pick up truck... Think I going to Call Weights and Measures tomorrow. Recipt states 39.4 Gallons .... I still had just under an 1/8 of a tank... which is usually around 4 gallons + - a bit.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Frankenstien said:
I filled today.... first time ever Spending 126.01 for fuel on a Pick up truck... Think I going to Call Weights and Measures tomorrow. Recipt states 39.4 Gallons .... I still had just under an 1/8 of a tank... which is usually around 4 gallons + - a bit.
I've seen W&M shut down a whole station while they do their analysis.

Yeah the price differential is a little crazy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58