diesel strike april 1st-5th-dont buy diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
Actually, you DO have other options that you have chosen not to excercise. All of us who continue to pay $4 per gallon have other options, but we view $4 per gallon as the lesser of the evils. For instance, you could sell your truck and buy a bicycle. I am in agreement with you when you say you would rather pay $4 per gallon than ride a bike

Wrong again! MY company uses diesel fuel everyday for work to pay the bills.
Bikes are a very poor way to transport workers and equipment from jobsite to jobsite. If I owned a company that made tires and I got together all the other tire manufactures and set the price at $1000 per tire. You would have to buy tires for $1000 each or not drive. That is basically what oil companies are doing. Oil companies set prices at $4.00 per gallon, we have to buy fuel at $4.00 per gallon or not go to work. There is no shortage of oil thay just want more money plain and simple. They dont mide f@!%ing the american public in the process.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Now, the big fuel strike is over, EXXON/Mobile, Conoco-Phillips, BP/AMOCO, Chevron etc etc are all still solvent. Big surprise eh?

We can keep this on topic, however the topic is mute now, and we can stop the personal attacks or I'll lock the thread.

Thanks,

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
That is basically what oil companies are doing. Oil companies set prices at $4.00 per gallon, we have to buy fuel at $4.00 per gallon or not go to work. There is no shortage of oil thay just want more money plain and simple. They dont mide f@!%ing the american public in the process.

Is Exxon setting the price of a barrel of crude oil at $105 per barrel? When a barrel of crude goes from $55 to $105, what do you expect the price of fuel to do?

I'm going to go have a glass of Kool-aide....

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
Oil companies set prices at $4.00 per gallon, we have to buy fuel at $4.00 per gallon or not go to work. There is no shortage of oil thay just want more money plain and simple. They dont mide f@!%ing the american public in the process.

Maybe this will help you...

The Price of Fuel | What Affects Fuel Pricing
"Crude oil prices are important in determining gasoline prices because crude is the primary raw material used to produce gasoline and other petroleum products. In some cases, the price of crude oil may account for up to half the price of a gallon of gasoline.
Example:
There are 42 gallons of oil in each barrel of oil. If the price of crude oil is $100 a barrel, the cost of the raw material required to produce a gallon of gasoline is $2.38. This figure does not include costs incurred from the refining process, transportation to distribution hubs or wholesalers and delivery to retail locations.
Each gallon of gasoline also is subject to numerous taxes and fees, which vary by state.

After the crude oil is processed through the refinery, the finished gasoline product is transported to a terminal, where it may be sold to a wholesaler for distribution to the wholesaler's retail network or delivered to the retail location. There the retailer sets the "street price," which includes a margin to account for the retailer's cost of doing business at that particular location and the retailer's profit."

As you can see in the attached chart, the refining company only has a 32% margin to work with before they even refine the product.
Understanding Gasoline Prices

If that doesn't help you, I surely can't. I have probably contributed far too much to this thread anyway...

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking you need to drive one to really form an opinion. I test drove one last year when in the market for a cube van. Its a utility vehicle first, although you will see some people movers out there. As far as function over form, its a class leader. Very funky vehicle to drive, but MB really did their homework as far as designing a work truck. I couldn't get past the lack of power or the fact that it really can't tow much, even as a 3500 DRW. But for parcel delivery or light work, seems like a good choice.

hey i didnt say id BUY one...i just said theyre selling like mad...even
to CONSUMERS <not just corporations>

if i was Jon and Kate (Plus 8) id buy one in a SECOND...and be
glad i could get outta the house <once in a while>...no matter HOW
fast the "van" went ;)

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
Maybe this will help you...

The Price of Fuel | What Affects Fuel Pricing
"Crude oil prices are important in determining gasoline prices because crude is the primary raw material used to produce gasoline and other petroleum products. In some cases, the price of crude oil may account for up to half the price of a gallon of gasoline.
Example:
There are 42 gallons of oil in each barrel of oil. If the price of crude oil is $100 a barrel, the cost of the raw material required to produce a gallon of gasoline is $2.38. This figure does not include costs incurred from the refining process, transportation to distribution hubs or wholesalers and delivery to retail locations.
Each gallon of gasoline also is subject to numerous taxes and fees, which vary by state.

After the crude oil is processed through the refinery, the finished gasoline product is transported to a terminal, where it may be sold to a wholesaler for distribution to the wholesaler's retail network or delivered to the retail location. There the retailer sets the "street price," which includes a margin to account for the retailer's cost of doing business at that particular location and the retailer's profit."

As you can see in the attached chart, the refining company only has a 32% margin to work with before they even refine the product.
Understanding Gasoline Prices

If that doesn't help you, I surely can't. I have probably contributed far too much to this thread anyway...

Blah, Blah, Blah, Like you said too much of you in this thread!!!

If production was boosted and more refineries were built price would lower.
;tu

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Yes. Im sorry If you cant. Sucks for you. Ive been In business for 12 years and have a savings account.

Yeah, not to surprised that you missed the point. Would you do it out of the kindness of your heart?

Or since you are a business man and have such a great savings account :rolleyes: I suppose that means that you have screwed over your customers in order to have personal gain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58