Dodge 5.9 vs ford 6.0 in MPG

NDsuperduty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A customer of mine has a 06 or 07 dodge 2500 mega cab with an 8" lift, 37" tires and 22" wheels. for performance he has an intake, exhaust, and all kinds of chips and programmers. Anyways, he swears up and down that he get 27mpg on highway trips. I dont see how that is even possible. Most people I know with diesels, regardless of brand dont get over 24mpg with stock tires. I only get like 17-18 on the highway with 35's

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
Your friend needs to step away from the crack pipe. I'm calling BS on it. Tell him to show you some supportingl documentation for these claims. My best ever is 22.5 MPG and that was babying it driving slow and stead on a trip.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what a CROCK...wanna bet he hasnt calibrated his speedo for the tires
and wheels ?

tell 'em to fill it up, to the brim & you and he will go for a ride (get a gps
to verify the speed & distance) and then go w/ 'em when he fills the truck
back up.

NDsuperduty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your friend needs to step away from the crack pipe. I'm calling BS on it. Tell him to show you some supportingl documentation for these claims. My best ever is 22.5 MPG and that was babying it driving slow and stead on a trip.

Its not the speedo calibration. If he has 37's and he has not change the odometer yet then it would show less MPG than he was really getting.

The only thing I can think of is that is odometer is not corrected, and he is over estimating his actual mileage. Either that or he is lieing to look cool :rolleyes:

Besides, I really dont see any diesel truck getting 27mpg with 37's unless you regear to a smaller gear, which would make his acceleration like a snail.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tell ya what...unless hes got some splitter on the gear box...
ill come up there (w/ TWO GPS's just to show 'em were not cheating)
and we'll show 'em what his REAL MPG is...

if he gets MORE than 25mpg ILL BUY EM BEER...if he gets LESS
he buys US BEER !

btw im available any afternoon this week ('cept Thursday) *AND*
next week...wanna bet he doesnt take the bait !?!

JRJ04

Reaction score
**FLAG ON THE PLAY** BS ON THE DEFENSE! Theres no way that guy is getting that kind of mileage. MAYBE 23-24, but he wont be getting that with that big of tires. 16-17 sounds more like it and even that could be a push

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
I have learned that Dodge guys have no idea how to figure mileage... I hear this kind of stuff all the time from 'em... for that matter, my Beetle gets 9999 mpg

going downhill :roflmao

NDsuperduty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have learned that Dodge guys have no idea how to figure mileage... I hear this kind of stuff all the time from 'em... for that matter, my Beetle gets 9999 mpg

going downhill :roflmao

hey hey, i am a mopar man at heart so I dont want to hear that crap. If you want to make fun of a truck or owner, make fun of chevy's.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
When they are not broke down the Dodges do get a little better mileage than the Fords.

As far as 27mpg
4585_bs_flag.gif
With his setup 20 tops.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58