egr delete ???

jimmypage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thinking about doing the egr delete kit looking for some peoples input who has done this. if you delete it will you pass emissions? if you tow have you noticed a difference in engine temp? power? or any other pros or cons?

bigdadie

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I would not worry about emissions testing, check your local inspection laws. like here in new Hampshire if your gvw is over 8600 lbs they do not test them. But that warranty is a another story. It will void the warranty!! Deletes will set codes. If you are not having problems I would leave it alone..:sorry

Last edited:

Lucky Star

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok..I am pretty clueless on this egr delete. I have an 04 250 6.0 my egr cooler hose started leaking. I started doing research and it seems like everywhere I go everyone deletes this system. Would that eliminate this hose? And how much does it usually cost to do the delete. Thanks for any help and advice
:dunno

dmcvey_1999

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I will try and answer a few of the questions posted above. I just recently unplugged my EGR valve electrically. If you leave it unplugged and take it into the dealer they will void the warranty especially if it has any remote relation to the problem at hand. I have an 06 F250 with edge attitude tuner and 4 inch downpipe back MBRP exhaust. I unplugged the EGR while it was cold. As soon as it started I checked the DTC using the tuner. It throws a 0403 and 0405 code. Both related to the EGR wiring. The CEL does not illuminate until you shut the truck down and restart it. I did not notice any major increase in spool up time of the turbo as some have stated. I did notice my EGT's went from 850 when running 70 MPH to 700. I also have noticed a huge increase in mileage. I have cleaned my EGR valve once before at 30,000 miles and didn't notice an increase in mileage. I do alot of city driving on a day to day basis. I was beginning to see 80 miles to a quarter tank and 280 miles between fill-ups. I unplugged the EGR and I have 160 miles on a quarter tank so far. Needless to say EGR is not getting plugged back in.

dmcvey_1999

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Okay as for the EGR delete kit itself. It looks like about 600 dollars is the going rate for the kit. This does not include labor if you are not doing it yourself. A good quality kit will not delete that hose but reroute the coolant taking out the cooler, and EGR valve. Liberator performance sells one but I am personally looking at this one. 6.0L EGR Cooler Delete

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
I will try and answer a few of the questions posted above. I just recently unplugged my EGR valve electrically. If you leave it unplugged and take it into the dealer they will void the warranty especially if it has any remote relation to the problem at hand. I have an 06 F250 with edge attitude tuner and 4 inch downpipe back MBRP exhaust. I unplugged the EGR while it was cold. As soon as it started I checked the DTC using the tuner. It throws a 0403 and 0405 code. Both related to the EGR wiring. The CEL does not illuminate until you shut the truck down and restart it. I did not notice any major increase in spool up time of the turbo as some have stated. I did notice my EGT's went from 850 when running 70 MPH to 700. I also have noticed a huge increase in mileage. I have cleaned my EGR valve once before at 30,000 miles and didn't notice an increase in mileage. I do alot of city driving on a day to day basis. I was beginning to see 80 miles to a quarter tank and 280 miles between fill-ups. I unplugged the EGR and I have 160 miles on a quarter tank so far. Needless to say EGR is not getting plugged back in.

a lot of good information here... thanks for updating us

hotrodhauler

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
egr info

i talked to the guy in flordia that makes the kit for Innovative and he said that paul at Innovative can send a custom tune for the sct tuner to turn off the egr and not throw a code or CEL. i have not called innovative yet. i am looking at deleting the egr with that kit and getting a custom tune from them this summer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58